Afraid of WILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nick

Afraid of WILD

Postby Nick » 08 May 2015 18:27

Hello. Greetings to everyone.

After I studied dreams on a deeper scale, which should be 2-3 years ago, I came to realise I have WILD's quite often. Well...Not exactly often, but what I thought to be like 1/10 WILD's was shown itself to be something like 4/10, Specially on that exact period I am right now, in which I lay to sleep quite tired because of school and studies, so it's kind of easier to calm my mind and just transcend into sleep. And that's where the problem starts... I never really transcended from this state of awareness to dream because... Of being frightened by how it feels. A loud buzzing floods my ears as I start to get very dizzy and my head looks like it's going to get sucked inside itself... So I simply interrupt the transition by moving my body or opening my eyes, I keep repeating that until I end sleeping unconsciously.

Are there any advices and/or techniques to make myself more comfortable about it and lose that fear?

Since always, thank you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

TillyPink

Re: Afraid of WILD

Postby TillyPink » 12 May 2015 23:30

Hi Nick..interesting..i just posted about similar (Vibrations etc - Physiological reasons) I wonder if my question too is looking just for reassurance. Im guessing we really don't know what exactly causes them, only that they are natural. My question would be also, do we experience these bodily sensations unconsciously while we fall asleep and only notice them during WILD since we are conscious? My guess is yes....but like all else in lucid dream phenomena, wouldn't more research into the area be grand.

What I do know is once the vibes, head pressure, buzzing sounds etc are happening I am pretty much there. One thing you can do is when you feel these start to happen, just imagine yourself 'getting up' and you will soon be in your dream. In that case you may experience a simulated awareness of your immediate surroundings - the 'out of body exit'. However, if I don't try to move and continue the vibes get stronger and the bed feels like it's moving, I get falling etc (again all 'normal' and we know this is the process) in my experience I will then enter a lucid dream directly built from previous HH layering. Having done both countless amounts of times, I would say just be brave and hang in there. But like you, I do occasionally get a little concerned as to what is taking place within my body on a physiological level.

Of course, the main reason I would also say be brave and hang in there, is because this entry to a lucid dream is just incomparable in my opinion to DILD. That feeling of entering dream directly from a conscious state is just so fantastic... it's blooming worth it man. ;)

*Edited to say - I am not knocking DILDs by any means :D But another strange thing is I may also experience these sensations on becoming lucid within a dream. My theory here is that I have a brief and un-noticeable awakening. So I may perhaps spontaneously be sucked into the sky after suddenly becoming aware of vibrations in the dream and think...whoa...dreaming yay really?? *reality check* Yes! Or I may become aware of dreaming within the dream followed by a contained 'OBE' experience in the dream and have vibrations then - hmm...is this just perceived from memory though? All these layers!

Tilly

Nick

Postby Nick » 13 May 2015 03:51

First of all, thank you for your words, Tilly! It is comforting to know someone else has an unanswered question on the same fact. Also, thank you for your hints on things I never tried before with this sensation.

I loved the fact that you also have theories that are very familiar with mine. But I have a theory that these brainwaves we commonly feel are our perception of our own brainwaves getting stronger. See, I realised that when we dream our senses reach a level of great awareness, where people get from tasting food just by thinking on it to perfectly smelling a scent that is completely not there. Maybe that awareness of our brainwaves that we feel are due to that perception increase we have. They're all there, happening, moving our brain energy through waves, but we normally never notice them while not in that state of great consciousness. This must be why you also feel that when you achieve lucidity through DILD...because you get lucid.

...but...that's just a theory. Hehe

Now the only thing that is left with no complete built theory is why it feels like diving your ears into a completely silent sea. I have some ideas and possible theories, but not a complete theory it.

But, in general, I'd practice more of both WILD and DILD if I had more time...but, soon as I feel another "one of my turns" on WILD, I shall remeber your words. Thank you!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 16 May 2015 23:40

Hey Nick..yeh I guess my unanswered question is ... if these sensations happen anyway, when we are unaware of the transition....are they in any way different when we are lucid...or conscious of that transition into sleep and dream...stronger...as you say...and if so what are the physiological reasons/influences and affects...sometimes I feel like a lab rat of my own making. :? So in response to what you said...yeh...if so much more conscious and creative awareness is on offer to us in dream, when we consciously step into that transition...are the sensations more acute due to this overlap of wake and dream...in that moment of transition?

I know time can be a problem to put in practice...but if we hold the intention...I mean...we all have to sleep right? If I could retreat for 6 weeks or so maybe I could get to the bottom of some more of my queries - or at least have more questions to ask...but the fact is, we live lives where we have to do stuff. So practice gets thrown in while we can. And in the mean time, conscious awareness in waking life and pure serendipity can play the lucid card for waking sleep night life... :)

Tilly

Be lucid and dream well buddy.

Tily

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 23 May 2015 04:46

The loud buzzing is also an indication of an OBE. I honestly think that is what is happening with you. I can only do WILD method, and I have also had an OBE. The loud buzzing is a very common of what happens right before you exit your body. Either one is way cool. let us know if you transcend past that so you can tell us what happened. You WILL know.

Pantherabast

Postby Pantherabast » 25 May 2015 09:32

I am in the EXACT stage right now. every thing you said. just like someone already mentioned above, what you are experiencing is Sleep Paralysis, which is a pre-OBE stage. this is why you keep hearing different sounds. I hear all sorts of weird and sometimes scary sounds. last time I hear someone thumping on the floor like somebody is behind me as i am laying there banging on the floor with their feet walking heavily. it's really freaky and sounds like someone is right there next to me! so i wake my self up and turn around to make sure no one is there. i mean i worry because i think someone is behind me irl and i wanna protect myself in this physical body while i am here. but when i wake up, every time i realize it was just the SP.

the thing about WILD, is that for me 85% of the time it turns into SP. there is this other 15% of the time where i would become lucid and have a LD. most times it's always SP>OBE if I don't freak out and go through with the noise and sound that I hear. but it gets really intense and sometimes frightening. it wasn't always like this. i used to have SP and hear all sorts of astral noise constantly, like someone is switching the radio faster and faster with different noises keep flicking in front of me, and many times i would see pictures changing very fast until you project and leave my body. i guess i went through phases and the latest one is where i am simply stuck to my physical body and i'd lay there even after noises goes away not being able to move more than a few inches. it's really frustrating, but i don't know what to do at this point. i wish i could LD more, but it's a lot harder to achieve for some reason. i just gave up on doing reality checks because after you had a certain amount of LDs, they stop working....

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”