Must sleep and go into sleep paralysis before lucid?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Malek

Must sleep and go into sleep paralysis before lucid?

Postby Malek » 08 May 2015 22:43

Hey,
I've been trying to lucid for a while now. I never actually went into the sleep paralysis state. Do i have to sleep and wake up a little later so i can start the lucid dream, or can i just do it right before i sleep. The other thing is, do i actually have to go into and feel the sleep paralysis state before i go into the lucid dream. Lastly, if i have to get into sleep paralysis got any tips on how to endure it, and how do i change the sleep paralysis into a lucid dream? If someone answers, can the answer be detailed? i'm still new to this.
Thanks,
Malek

taniaaust1

Re: Must sleep and go into sleep paralysis before lucid?

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2015 11:03

Malek wrote:Hey,
I've been trying to lucid for a while now. I never actually went into the sleep paralysis state. Do i have to sleep and wake up a little later so i can start the lucid dream, or can i just do it right before i sleep.

Seeing you have been trying to LD and its not working, I'd say yes you probably do need to go to sleep and wake up a little later. It's called WBTB. (wake back to bed).

The other thing is, do i actually have to go into and feel the sleep paralysis state before i go into the lucid dream.

No.. you may be get another thing indicating a half asleep half awake kind of state eg vibrations or you may get nothing at all and just enter into a LD. It's different for all.

Lastly, if i have to get into sleep paralysis got any tips on how to endure it, and how do i change the sleep paralysis into a lucid dream?

Don't let it bother you at all if you get it as its a natural state we all go into while asleep anyway. Also be aware that its possible to be lucid dreaming one is in sleep paralyses state...so you could try to imagine yourself elsewhere to help get elsewhere while in this state. Or try to imagine getting out of your body and leaving it. Or you can just calmly lay there with the expectation that you are about to find yourself in a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”