Everytime i get a Lucid dream is when i'm sleeping late

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ninjapug

Everytime i get a Lucid dream is when i'm sleeping late

Postby ninjapug » 10 May 2015 16:59

I usually get lucid dreams twice a month during the weekends when I am sleeping late between 2am and 5am. The dreams revolved around my house where I kept running around the house and then back in bed. Sometimes in the forest, sometimes in some city area. And when i woke up, i woke up in my dream. I knew it was a dream in my sleep. But It was so hard to wake up in the mortal world. I thought there were demons trying to bind me in my sleep. After finally waking up, i broke into cold sweat and feel really scared.

I started doing some research online about lucid dreaming which convince me to accept it and embrace it. I am actually enjoying my dreams now and feel much more better. Last night i was at the edge of a high rise building, i decided to jump down because i knew i won't die. Then i started having fun by running up to other buildings and started doing the same thing. In the past, i wouldn't dare. And when i woke up in my dream, i told myself "nah this is not real, . Let's play till the end." Finally when i woke up in reality, i was really satisfied and feel so much fun.

xI GENGAR Ix

Re: Everytime i get a Lucid dream is when i'm sleeping late

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 13 May 2015 15:45

Thats cool i want to do that lol i mainly have lucid dreams during afternoon naps.....as a matter of fact i have not long just had one.....i tried doing everything in my LD due to exitement because i was in a mall and usualy my LD's are at home which sucks so i was happy to have one where i was somewhere else.You should try having afternoon naps if your lifestyle allows you to.....i work at night which means i havent really got much of a sleep routine but if i ever had an afternoon nap it usualy works.....i might try sleeping late on my day off and see if i have one =)
Lucid Dreams = 25

wagstamj

Postby wagstamj » 24 May 2015 04:06

This is Mark. I have the same problem of not being able to talk to anyone about LD. They always interrupt me and tell me I'm stupid and I should shut up. I've become quite good at it over the years but can only really enjoy it on those rare days when I'm home alone and can sleep in as long as I want. I've gone from 6am to 5pm in total LD. When I start to go back to reality I'm able to recognize it and make myself go back under. I find my LDs to be so DETAILED and intense. Trying to put an old clock back together and getting the gears all straight. Walking through a museum of odd art that moves with mechanical precision. And the old house and relatives, live or long deceased joing me. Nobody understand the waking me but in LD we are all a happy family.

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 25 May 2015 23:36

xI GENGAR Ix wrote:Thats cool i want to do that lol i mainly have lucid dreams during afternoon naps.....as a matter of fact i have not long just had one.....i tried doing everything in my LD due to exitement because i was in a mall and usualy my LD's are at home which sucks so i was happy to have one where i was somewhere else.You should try having afternoon naps if your lifestyle allows you to.....i work at night which means i havent really got much of a sleep routine but if i ever had an afternoon nap it usualy works.....i might try sleeping late on my day off and see if i have one =)

My schedule sometimes allows me to nap, and in fact I just tried to have one. But my whole life I've been stubbornly unable to nap. I just lay there for one or two hours however long I try, then when I get up I feel groggy and worse than when I was just plain tired before the attempted nap. What am I doing wrong? Must be something about circadian rhythms, daylight, no natural melatonin mid-afternoon. What can I do?

xI GENGAR Ix

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 29 May 2015 18:44

I see your point that its hard due to lighting and stuff....with me i never plan to have a nap....i am watching t.v laying down with a quilt over me or something and as im watching t.v i get more comfy and end up asleep.try maybe having an afternoon nap in bed.....because i am a night worker i haveto sleep in the day so im always in bed around 6ish and have a few hours =)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucid Dreams = 25

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 01 Jun 2015 15:52

Well, it is best for me to never nap. The only time I "sleep during the day" is when I sleep late and the sun is up. Somehow that is easier than to stop in the middle of the day and sleep. Even if I am completely physically exhausted, there's no way I'll sleep, paradoxically. I stand a better chance of nodding off from boredom, like in a lecture, but even then I'm a good fighter and can stay awake. Maybe that is my problem that I can muster so much mind over matter that I can stay awake, but can't turn this off willingly. Anyway, I only once remember not being able to stay awake in a large lecture class, and it felt like parts of my body were shutting off then coming back online, or I kept jolting myself to attention after probably starting to nod - very unusual experience because I never do that, and I guess people who DO fall asleep in class don't even try to resist it.

Anyway, I'm still not 100% of my old sleeping habits and probably may never return. I just don't sleep as well, as deeply or as long. Even a good night finds me waking up a few times, and not even to go to the bathroom - just an awareness of being awake and changing position then waiting to fall asleep again.

It is very hard to LD or even attempt to under these circumstances.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”