Keep the dream going

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Go left

Keep the dream going

Postby Go left » 13 May 2015 06:39

So I've tried rubbing my arms and spinning around to keep a lucid dream going when it feels like it is slipping away. It's not bad, it does work. But if you can an even better one is this trick that I found last night. I dreamt I was in a kitchen so I made the fridge full of energy drinks and drank about four. It tasted so real and made the dream so much more vibrant and I felt more 'awake'.
Anyone else have any other tips for keeping a lucid dream going or making it more vivid????
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Summerlander

Re: Keep the dream going

Postby Summerlander » 13 May 2015 08:34

Yeah. Check "Carpe Somnia Mundi: Protracting Lucid Dreams." 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 May 2015 10:50

The trick to keeping in a dream longer if its getting shallow (about to wake up) is to focus on the dream more. This is where using all the dream senses can come in handy... feel things in your dream, focus on what you can hear in the dream, do you smell anything in the dream? .. and taste can be used too.

Really ground yourself into the dream you are in.

One thing I do if Im missing a lot of my LD senses which can happen if in a very highly unstable dream eg where one is blind or scenes are hazy or one cant move or a drop out will happen... In these cases I get a DC to touch me.

I manifest one of someone I have a deep connection with and then have that person touch me (I tend to use one of my ex's for this as that is very easy for me to manifest, in real like he'd jump at a chance like that so it comes easy in a dream). To really hold my attention onto the dream if I'm close to waking, I get myself errotically touched on the skin eg stroke my leg or thigh or ask his DC for a back rub :D (but thing with that is don't allow the touches to get "too exciting" ..and sexual stimulation when close to wake up, may wake you up).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Go left

Postby Go left » 16 May 2015 01:08

Ok cool I'll check that out thanks summerlander.
Cheers taniaaust1 what an interesting way of keeping the dream going I wana try it. To be honest though I think I would become distracted with sex using this technique unfortunately, at least at first. I love the idea of using your senses to solidify the dream, I will definitely try be more concious of sounds and smells next time thanks alot
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”