Static like consciousness. Help?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Thefuturedream

Static like consciousness. Help?

Postby Thefuturedream » 14 May 2015 18:02

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this while dreaming either semi lucid or lucid...

As I am dreaming, and lucid, if I want to wake myself up or get to excited in my dream, I will enter this weird conscious state where I am not awake nor dreaming. I feel as if my head/mind is sizzling, or static like. This goes on for a few seconds or more until I wake up or enter a dream again.

Im not sure if this is a normal phenomenal or if anyone can explain what is happening, but if someone can or relate to this feeling it will help me a lot.
I just want to make sure this isn't a bad thing or potentially harmful.

Thank you!
-Thefuturedream

Summerlander

Re: Static like consciousness. Help?

Postby Summerlander » 15 May 2015 01:48

I've experienced this. Sometimes it feels -- or sounds -- like showers in your head. It could be the experience of neuronic feedback with its polarisations. It almost gives the impression that the brain is tuning into something else, which isn't far from the truth if we consider a refreshing new dream state or the transition from the unconstrained perception of dreaming to one which is constrained by sensory input such as the waking state. It's natural, don't worry. I'm not saying the brain is a computer but it is indeed computerised.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”