What advantages does this have?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
xI GENGAR Ix

What advantages does this have?

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 15 May 2015 01:51

Hi all,
Sometimes i am out walking the dogs and i realise i have no idea how i have walked from say this street to the next....like i wasnt even looking where i was going.I have figured out its because i am so deep in thought *pointless thought* that i am not aware.
I want to learn and push myself to not think of anything when im walking my dogs....to just stare at the shape or the buildings and notice the colours of things and shapes etc....i dont know what this is called...maybe it hasnt got a name and maybe something as simple as *get out your head* lol.
I know changing myself to be totally aware when bieng out will help me in alot of ways including lucid dreaming but i always wonder how will it be an advantage to my LD's and does it help in other ways to? If anyone is good at this maybe some info would be nice or even someone that knows about it =)
Lucid Dreams = 25

taniaaust1

Re: What advantages does this have?

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 May 2015 08:08

Sometimes i am out walking the dogs and i realise i have no idea how i have walked from say this street to the next....like i wasnt even looking where i was going.I have figured out its because i am so deep in thought *pointless thought* that i am not aware.

if you are doing things like this, you will be missing LD opportunities. To get LD happening more, you need to be cultivating your awareness so you aren't going around in life like half asleep.

Yes it would help too in other aspects of life as it will help you be aware in all areas of your life more if you cultivate this. I amaze people at times by things I know but its cause I try to maintain my awareness a lot more then most and in doing so notice things others don't and then end up putting those things together and coming up with ideas or answers others don't.

eg A friend the other day wanted to know about something quite complex in medicine, I told her my ideas of how I'd think this would all go (though I'd done no reading on this area in my past).. when he went and researched it it turned out I was completely correct, I got all three things around this thing which I didn't even know correct (and I didn't miss anything at all in my correct explaination on something I didn't even know about but which was "logic" to me based on awareness/observation).

It's that I notice things in other areas and take them from those and can put the ideas to other things I don't know about and come up with new answers but will match the right answers if researched. I try to hold this awareness.. if I'm absorbing info on something, I'll be also trying to take my mind another step further and be aware of other things which could be connected. (I look for life patterns and all kinds of different things). Some think Im a genius in certain things but its not cause I've studied them but its just cause Im always trying to push my awareness further of things and ideas.

Try not to go around in life asleep!

There is nothing wrong at all with being deep in thought, thinking is good! but aim for a bigger picture of anything you are thinking about or observing. When you walk into a room, don't just notice what is there but also get ideas from those things eg it will tell you a lot about those who occupy it. It isn't just a room of things. Most though wont even notice the things in the room.

So stimulate more awareness for yourself to hopefully then go into your dreams too.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

xI GENGAR Ix

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 15 May 2015 08:19

Wow that's why I love forums so I can get really good answers off people....thanks for that and I will defiantly keep in mind the things that you have said =)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucid Dreams = 25

ezzolucid

Postby ezzolucid » 15 May 2015 22:47

Hello, the term you are looking for is known as 'mindfulness' This is where we learn to be in 'the present moment' and is something that is learnt over time. Next time you tie your shoelaces you will realize that you didnt think about it at all, this is because your brain has created neuro pathways to know how to tie your laces and so thinking is no longer needed - its the same with walking, driving, putting a jumper on etc.
Next time you do your shoelaces, try doing it the opposite way to how you normally do it. You will find that you really have to concentrate to get it right. Once you have done the shoelaces up the opposite way you may realize something amazing - As you were concentrating on your shoelaces it would have been impossible for you to be thinking about the future or the past. This means that it would have been impossible for you to have been worries, anxious or depressed about anything in your life during those few short seconds as your mind was in 'the present'

Its this mindset that you need to cultivate over time. It takes practise but next time you are walking the dogs, simply concentrate on the pull of the lead and the way your dogs legs interact with each other. Do this every time for a few weeks and your mind will create neuro pathways to think this was automatically, hense creating 'in the present' thinking, hense creating awareness, hense reducing stress and anxiety from your life, at least whilst you are walking the dogs.

Anyway, im blabbing on, I suggest you google 'Mindfulness meditation; and do some research and start practicing it alongside your lucid dreaming techniques. Mindfulness and lucid dreaming compliment each other! :ugeek:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”