Hypnagogia Discussion

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jimmyjames

Hypnagogia Discussion

Postby jimmyjames » 15 May 2015 03:24

I have a few odd experiences with Hypnagogia, especially when I am waking up as opposed to going to sleep.
I have this weird thing, hard to explain, where multiple thoughts can be merged into the same thing; for example I was thinking about playing piano, while also thinking of eating nuts from the cupboard. But it was a completely merged thought, not just happening at the same time... Hopefully some people will have experienced something like this, otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't be able to understand. I have read articles on Hypagogia, and the most accurate description I found was "illogic and a fluid association of ideas" from wikipedia.
I also had an odd experience where I was going to sleep, and occasionally my thoughts would manifest themselves as a proper visual for a couple seconds, then stop, then do it again, then stop. It was usually accompanied by a loss of awareness on my part.

Any other odd experiences with Hypnagogia?

Snaggle

Re: Hypnagogia Discussion

Postby Snaggle » 15 May 2015 09:12

Many

#1 For about two years I was seeing many real places that I did not know and receiving messages for people I did not know - they were all real people too; but I contacted none of them :D. glad they stopped - I hate paranormal stuff. Now, though, I have to think that remote viewing is real :shock:. Dream rather than HI, but I saw an extinct animal that had not been discovered by science and then was - more annoying evidence for the paranormal.

#2 Found a new power. I can visualize and create bodies in HI and possess them like any dream character and then take them to dreamscapes. I have to leave them though before I can wake up :oops:.

#3 I related here that while in hypnagogia I tried to see through my closed eyes and could and then walked around seeing only through my closed eyes in the dark without bumping into anything and moving at a normal pace. I then tried to do the same thing while awake and bumped into many objects. Tried to see through closed eyes again while in hypnagogia and did. During the second trail I saw my cat through closed eyes and avoided stepping on him. I opened my eyes and he was really there. Must say this seems like more paranormal smeg.

#4 Sensations of floating and hypnic jerks are rare, but not unexpected. I posted here that while waking up I did a hypnic jerk and It felt like I really kicked something sitting on my bed.

#5 Had the fun experience of unintentionally falling asleep and scratching my belly with a third hand (which told me I was really asleep and I woke back up.

#6 Have had original books appear in HI and read them and some of them were 1,200 page books (that would take me two hours in real life if I was reading them rather than studying them and taking notes and quotes. While awake my normal writing speed is 430 words per hour, though I have cranked out BS writing like school work at about six times that rate. The books can be in foreign languages or written at a higher level of fluency I have will awake in archaic forms of languages I do understand. I don't know how this is really possible. I also in normal dreams had books of magick forced upon me by my dream guide.

#7 Can play extremely well simulated versions of games out of HI (both 2d and 3d).

Lots more, but I've already given enough.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » 15 May 2015 09:24

Wow. How do you know those places and people were real? I too have trouble believing any sort of paranormal stuff, so there might be an explanation. As for the walking around, could you just be dreaming?
Not that I'm dissing anything you're saying, just wondering.

The weird jerk things can be quite funny in hypnagogia. One time I saw someone throw a pile of books on my head as I was lying down, and I woke up with a start feeling as if my head had just been smacked on the bed.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 May 2015 09:50

Snaggle wrote:
#2 Found a new power. I can visualize and create bodies in HI and possess them like any dream character and then take them to dreamscapes. I have to leave them though before I can wake up :oops:.

You just cant get away from the paranormal stuff :lol: . Some occultic schools teach that to their students learning to OBE. In part of the steps to mastering OBE one can be taught to make what is often refered to as a simulacrum (an image of something be it human or animal)..
Then one moves ones consciousness from the physical body over to this image and takes over it and then uses it to astral travel.

Seems you are doing that but may be taking it into the dream worlds (or maybe real astral worlds).

(I suggest once you get back to your normal body to spend a moment focusing on pulling any energy you put out there doing this back to yourself cause it can leave it all over the place) and yes it can be hard to wake up in your real body when you've formed another one you are occupying :) ..you need to move your consciousness back to your normal one. (though it is possible to be conscious in both at once).

Note.. with practice, you shouldn't need to be in HI to do this and a relaxed fully awake state would do...

:lol: You are doing advanced occultic techniques without knowing you are..

I also had an odd experience where I was going to sleep, and occasionally my thoughts would manifest themselves as a proper visual for a couple seconds, then stop, then do it again, then stop. It was usually accompanied by a loss of awareness on my part.

I personally think of it as like when I do daydreaming as I have had the same kind of experiences when Im doing mundane life stuff during the day eg while doing the dishes, one can forget where one is for a moment and be doing the dishes on auto pilot while the mind is completely elsewhere and seeing like being elsewhere or images.

I have this weird thing, hard to explain, where multiple thoughts can be merged into the same thing; for example I was thinking about playing piano, while also thinking of eating nuts from the cupboard.

I haven't had that while getting HI but it reminded me of a dream I had, a LD in which I was in 3 I think it was, dreams at the same time.. 2 were the same dream but I was in the dream in different points of time in the dream (so one dream had played out far further then the other dream) and the third was not related to the other 2 but was related to one of the characters in the other 2 dreams. So multi dreaming.

it shows just how capable our minds are. The me in each of these dreams was fully aware and not confused at all at the time. (the after me trying to write this in my dream journal, was very confused lol, due to merging aspects and it all happening at once. I couldn't write in my dream journal in like layers of things).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 16 May 2015 07:09

jimmyjames wrote:Wow. How do you know those places and people were real? I too have trouble believing any sort of paranormal stuff, so there might be an explanation. As for the walking around, could you just be dreaming?
Not that I'm dissing anything you're saying, just wondering.

The weird jerk things can be quite funny in hypnagogia. One time I saw someone throw a pile of books on my head as I was lying down, and I woke up with a start feeling as if my head had just been smacked on the bed.
\

I researched the people and places (mainly buildings I had never seen). I found most of them, but not all. I researched because having a voice in hygnagogia tell me anything, let alone to contact specific people and give them specific messages was so abnormal, as was seeing hypnagogic images that seemed real places and being told where they were most of the time. It's pretty hard not to think the paranormal is real when one is hit with it for two years. Even though the strangers were real people I did not contact any of them as the voice never answered who it was and contacting them would have been creepy. I started thinking the paranormal might be real after seeing an unknown and extinct giant turtle with a shell at least 9' long and a neck just as long, even longer. Unfortunately I had to apply Sherlock Holmes motto "However absurd something is, when you've eliminated everything else, it's the truth". This could be a bad paraphrase as I did not memorize the line when I read it.

As for seeing through closed eyes while in hypnagogia, I had just sat down at my desk and was wide awake, I hit hypnagogia within half a minute of both successful attempts and got up spontaneously on the first attempt to answer two questions: could I really see out of these seeming eyes and could I maintain hypnagogia while getting up and walking about. I answered both questions yes.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”