Transitioning from OBE to full on Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
spuppet

Transitioning from OBE to full on Lucid Dream

Postby spuppet » 16 May 2015 12:01

Hi everybody!

I had another thread but I think this question deserves a stand alone thread. Doing a bit of research and thanks to a few people on here, I've identified my lucid dream as the OBE type. This article (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/out-of-body-experiences.html) helped clear up a lot of my questions.

So now I'm almost 100% convinced I've been Lucid Dreaming, but I seem to be limited and constrained to this OBE-version on the dream. I have very little control and it's becoming frustrating.

So I was wondering - does anybody have any tips on how I can start transitioning my lucid dreaming process into the more standard LD? Apparently, as I'm "Separating from my body" I'm actually already dreaming, so it's maybe possible to acknowledge this next time and simply ... 'pop' into a standard lucid dream?

Or alternatively, should I start using the other methods (such as inducing a LD from sleep?)

Thanks for any help!!

TillyPink

Re: Transitioning from OBE to full on Lucid Dream

Postby TillyPink » 17 May 2015 00:53

Hi Snuppet,

Have you learned about reality checks yet? When you have your perceived OBE employ a reality check. Then you will know for sure if you're dreaming. Most of my own lucids these days are by OBE entry. They soon transform into full transcendental lucids. In the past they became false awakenings...if you have OBE entries into dreams I am guessing you are experiencing the onset of sleep and rem consciously which is know as the WILD (wake induced lucid dream). Just remember that your bedroom, or what ever environment you have fallen asleep in, is a simulation of the last place you were in your waking state. Last summer i became lucid at a festival sleeping in the back of my van...I actually thought that I got out of my van and was walking round the grounds...RC'ing allowed me to explore the environment consciously for a little longer before moving on to...France?? Yeh hahah! Went to France that night lol.

Um... no mate if you are experiencing perceived OBE by accidental WILD, in my experience that is the level of Lucidity that holds most clarity so get busy mastering it! Probs by the practice of such you will find yourself lucid in deep dreams at some point anyway...there is much evidence to suggest that lucid dreaming practice...makes one a better lucid dreamer in general...obvious but worth remembering.

ezzolucid

Postby ezzolucid » 17 May 2015 11:34

Hi, i can help with this!

Everytime i have a succesful wild this is what happens to me. I will be lying there with my mantra and will drift in and out of dreams (dream snippets) then i will fee waves of vibrations in my head, these last for about 15 seconds and then ..... nothing ... everything is silent and i swear 100% that i am convinced i am simply lying in my bed, eyes closed, with a failed wild behind me.

I then pinch my nose and try to breathe and wierdly and amazingly i CAN breath through a blocked nose. I now know im asleep so i simply open my eyes, get out of bed and fly through my bedroom window into the street outside, it looks similar but there are some odditites but i am very much LUCID, i now create my own adventure after performing a few 'hand rubs' etc to stabilize the dream

Its called an OBE because if, when i had got out the bed and looked behind me, i would have seen myself sleeping in the bed. The mind is powerful, i dont believe i have left my body (astral projection) i am simply dreaming. I have had about 10 of these obe transitions in the past month and have not yet transitioned by popping into a scene

The lesson - ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS perform a nose pinch reality check if you think you have woken up :)

spuppet

Postby spuppet » 17 May 2015 20:00

Great tips guys thanks!

I have a handful of these OBE experiences every other morning or so, so I'm having them quite frequently. I KNOW I'm dreaming when I separate out of my body, but I guess even before I do that I'm probably already asleep, right?

I'll try, armed with my new knowledge on the whole OBE vs LD thing, to transition to a full lucid dream. Or really what I'm doing is freeing myself from the OBE construct that's holding me back, right??

I'll deffo try that nose-pinch technique as well!!

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 17 May 2015 21:27

I fly out my window. It has become my lucid dream portal if you like haha. It's great as whatever plan I have, that will start there. And going straight into dream like that, you never forget your intentions. So generally I have trained myself to believe that the dream is on the other side of my bedroom window. It's so exciting! Had a few scaries too but then im a bit of a baby sometimes. :D You can use anything you like. It's all imagined. You are just playing with the imagination and the potential of the dream space and construct. Sometimes I will fly out my window and it is a replication of my neighbourhood. But sometimes this is fun to explore too. And at some point things change. So just explore where you are when you have your OBE entry. Enjoy it. Be playful. Use your imagination.

Do you get bodily sensations during the perceived separation into dream? Yes I think we are already asleep by the time the separation occurs. Im just trying to find out as much as I can about bodily sensations atm and it is with luck that quite a few seem to be posting about WILD atm...cheers. Tilly

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”