OMG! My first experience after trying for a month.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
upcomingdreamer

OMG! My first experience after trying for a month.

Postby upcomingdreamer » 16 May 2015 17:30

Hello guys. I am really excited now. I had my first lucid dream today using FILD technique. I tried using WILD, VILD etc but the one worked for me like a charm is the FILD technique.

Before sleeping I set up my alarm at 3:00am which was 5hours from the time I slept as the REM occurs mostly after 4 to 5 hours of sleep. But when I woke up at 3, I was excited rather than tired. So I didn't even try becoming lucid. But I woke up at 10:00 am feeling relaxed and I felt that I could get into sleep pretty easily. So I tried the FILD technique and I went into sleep but my fingers were still moving up and down as in the FILD technique. And then it happened all of a sudden. I WENT LUCID! for the first time. I was laying on my bed and I knew that I was dreaming but just to make sure I did the Reality check and for my surprise I could breathe while holding my nose tight. I was telling to myself not to get excited. I ran to my friend who was sleeping in the next room(who was actually not even in the house) and told him that I was dreaming. He didn't want to believe but I showed him that I could breathe keeping my nose closed. He seemed to be shocked and told me to imagine a girl. While I began to imagine someone I got excited and I woke up. All of this lasted only about couple of minutes, but it felt pretty good. I am going to try this again tonight no matter what. It felt completely real and I wish it lasted a little longer.
My advice for other people is to try the FILD technique as it is very simple.

taniaaust1

Re: OMG! My first experience after trying for a month.

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2015 16:23

Congrats. I wish you the best in having another LD soon. Maybe leave off the girl part for a bit as sexual excitement will wake most newbies up fast.

FILD techinique actually doesn't work for me. Different techniques work for different people. People need to experiment to see what works best for them. For some it will be FILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

upcomingdreamer

Postby upcomingdreamer » 18 May 2015 20:03

Thanks man. But I haven't had any luck after that coz the moment I wake up at midnight, I get active and I don't feel tired. I don't know why but I'll have to get over it. any suggestions are most welcomed.

LU3K

Postby LU3K » 29 Jun 2015 08:18

I haven't had a lucid dream yet so up to you if you want to take my advice but if you set an alarm for waking up at your set time i recommend making the alarm maybe abit quieter so you don't wake up all energised and excited but if you can have an alarm that will wake you up enough to where you are relaxed and tired and can remember to do the FILD technique that'd be ideal for falling asleep quickly into a lucid dream.
Lucid dreams: 3
Dreams Per night: 3 - 5

I'm knowledgable from research but not from experience aha.

:D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 05:22

upcomingdreamer wrote:Thanks man. But I haven't had any luck after that coz the moment I wake up at midnight, I get active and I don't feel tired. I don't know why but I'll have to get over it. any suggestions are most welcomed.

Try waking yourself up at a different times, you may not be waking up in the best part of your sleep cycle for this and trying to go back to sleep sooner.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”