(short) Is this can be considered a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Yanshuf

(short) Is this can be considered a lucid dream?

Postby Yanshuf » 19 May 2015 18:55

So I was trying to wild 2-3 years ago . In 2013 dec I had my first ld with having sleep paralysis.
And I was able to ld only with Sleep paralysis since then.
But nowadays, after a long , actually a year of dryspell, I'm having these dream like things lucidly.

The problem is I don't know if Its hypnagogic imagery or an actual lucid dream.
The first one happened a week ago.
These are short ones, from 1 -10 minutes, and sometimes they are vivid.
So this is what happens when I enter: So after a long time I finally relaxed and started to loose lucidity.
But then I fixate my eyes on a point and then I let my thoughts come ,eventually I will have less controll but somehow I preserve a minimal lucidity, random thoughts goes away and away and then suddenly, I'm somewhere, I look around, I look at my hands , I realize I'm lucid and thats it, I'm in.
I had about three-four occasions when this happened.In the first one I was opened the door to the kitchen and I fell into the black void . In the second one I was able to leave my house through the windows, and flew around the streets. In the third one I was unable to leave the house, the windows was somehow sealed and was unbreakable. And in the recent one , I found myself in the middle of a street, was messing around , trying to make lightning, then it seemed to be the dream ended , but I still felt my dream body, I concentrated on to have an ocular power to see through the eyelid void, and seen my hands as some blue energy with a flow of energy in it, then the dream came back, I continued having fun and then flew into a building and falled out of the dream when I impacted on the ground. Then false awakening , I realized this , then tried to call out to my dream guide , I heard the door closed , then ran towards the door but I woke up then .

So is this actually a dream or hypnagogic imaginary, and I enter too early.

Summerlander

Re: (short) Is this can be considered a lucid dream?

Postby Summerlander » 19 May 2015 20:25

Lucid dreams are not defined by how long they last nor their sensorial content. They are defined by an understanding that one is dreaming. If you know that you are dreaming or hallucinating in the hypnagogic stage, you are lucid. Dreams and hypnagogic imagery are of the same nature anyway. In fact, dreams are sometimes described as sleep hallucinations. There are also different degrees of lucidity within the dream world and the state itself fluctuates between falling asleep (where the lucid dream turns into an ordinary dream) and wakefulness (where an undesired exit from a lucid dream occurs).

I would say that you certainly had lucid dreamlets. Keep going and apply techniques to prolong your experiences.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: (short) Is this can be considered a lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 May 2015 01:30

But then I fixate my eyes on a point and then I let my thoughts come ,eventually I will have less controll but somehow I preserve a minimal lucidity, random thoughts goes away and away and then suddenly, I'm somewhere, I look around, I look at my hands , I realize I'm lucid and thats it, I'm in.

You are lucid dreaming any time you are aware and find yourself somewhere else, you are doing WILDs. Yours may be staying short due to not doing a stabilization technique when you need to or once you find yourself in a dream. Stabilize for longer lucids, develop your skill to stay there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”