Alternative to alarm clocks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
ZisElite

Alternative to alarm clocks

Postby ZisElite » 21 May 2015 17:14

I made this post because every lucid dreaming guide I have read says "Set your alarm clock ...".
I don't really know if I should post it to the "lucid dreaming techniques".

Anyway, I searched about how alarm clocks can harm us. The chances are small, but the ringing of the clock and the sudden waken up of the body can cause heart problems. I have never use an alarm clock in my life, because I don't need one and so are you. All of us have an built-in, biological alarm clock. The only thing you need is will and some training.

The only "negative" about out biological alarm clock, is that it is not so accurate. For example, instead of waking up at 5, you will wake up at 5:10 or 4:55. Again with some practice you can become very accurate.

The only thing you need to do is to say to your self "I will wake up at (time) o'clock" a few times before you sleep. That's all. ;)

I hope that you will find this post useful. :D

dragonster82

Re: Alternative to alarm clocks

Postby dragonster82 » 22 May 2015 06:24

Sounds interesting, so are you saying that your subconscious will automatically wake up at your desired timing?

ZisElite

Postby ZisElite » 22 May 2015 09:00

Exactly. You just have to "set" the time before you sleep by repeating it several times. From personal experience I know that the accuracy mainly depends on how tired you are, but with some training you can increase the accuracy.

gfhedf

Postby gfhedf » 01 Jun 2015 11:08

yes that works

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”