Reality Checks to Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Atrag

Reality Checks to Lucid Dream?

Postby Atrag » 23 May 2015 22:48

Hi,

I have some doubts about reality checks. I understand that they are useful to see if you are dreaming or not.. I think I have only ever done it once while I was awake and many times during dreams. What I don't understand though is why you practice doing this while awake in order to lucid dream? It seems to me that if you did it enough times during the day then you will start doing it in your dreams whether your dreams are lucid or not. It would really be your mind repeating what you do during the day, right?

xI GENGAR Ix

Re: Reality Checks to Lucid Dream?

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 25 May 2015 22:32

With me I used to reality check all the time but for me the best time to lucid dream is when something strange happens in my waking life......eventually after doing this enough times it will happen in my dream.....something will seem weird in a dream so I will reality check.....my finger tattoos are my only main reality check and the only one I check in my dreams....I'm glad it's my finger tatts as they will never change =)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucid Dreams = 25

RealityCheck

Re: Reality Checks to Lucid Dream?

Postby RealityCheck » 28 May 2015 10:53

Technically yes, doing it constantly through your day will cause you to do it in your dream to. For me, just knowing the things that are supposed to happen while doing a RC in a dream triggers in mind that I am dreaming. Once I was underwater and realized I could breathe. I remembered the hold your nose and try breathing RC and realized I was dreaming. Other times, I saw my hands and it was all blurry, had extra fingers, and shaped funny, and I knew I was dreaming.

It's just useful to do it often throughout your day since RC is important in dreams.
How to wake yourself up

Return to “For Beginners”