differences of lucid dreaming and astral projection?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ckjared

differences of lucid dreaming and astral projection?

Postby ckjared » 25 May 2015 11:41

what is the differences between lucid dreaming and astral projection?

Summerlander

Re: differences of lucid dreaming and astral projection?

Postby Summerlander » 25 May 2015 13:29

Well, if it makes it easier, I don't believe in astral projection. There is only a hybrid cerebral phase state which compounds waking consciousness and dreaming. In this state, people can experience virtually anything. If in said phase state the dreamer knows he's dreaming, it's called a "lucid dream"; if he thinks he's out of body, it is an OOBE (only in perception); if he thinks he's in a spiritual plane of existence, the belief is that one is "astral projection." So it all boils down to interpretation. All the while evidence strongly suggests that we lucidly experience a dream world generated in our heads. This dream world can emulate anything -- including your idea of what an astral plane looks like! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: differences of lucid dreaming and astral projection?

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Aug 2015 17:21

It can hard to tell the difference as they can feel very much the same and one can be thinking very clearly in both, to add to the confusion is that someone who has been reading about AP may end up having a LD that they are having an AP and believe they then are.

LD is just something our subconsciousness is creating, while astral projection is a part of our energy body actually leaving our real one and getting out in the astral world where it can met real beings etc etc.

AP can sometimes be proven as being real via doing tests to see if one can really see the astral counterpart of our real physical world (eg by finding out things about our physical world you couldn't have possibly otherwise known) or even possibly affect something real in the physical.. of cause if trying to do something to affect the physical world, then you need someone in the physical to later be able to vertify that what you did while astral really did affect our physical world (where as of cause LD cant be vertified as being real as it just isnt).

eg I got astral and was floating up by my roof and saw something which shouldn't have been there up on my wardrobe. I floated over to have a look to see what it was. When I read it, I found out it was a gift voucher for a local shop for a certain amount. When I got back to my body I got out of bed to see if it was really there, sure enough it was, exactly the same as what I saw astral.. to the same shop and for the same amount. In real life I didnt even know that shop did gift vouchers!!

My boyfriend of that time when I asked him about it was very angry with me as he then believe I must of secretly been watching him and seen him hide it there. He wouldn't believe that I'd see it as I was floating up by the room and then gone over to see what it was.

Ive had other experiences which have also vertified to me that the experiences I thought were AP/OBEs really were.

Any experience is which the subconsciousness is coming into it and manifesting, is a dream (though its possible to start dreaming while in an AP just like one can start daydreaming while physical.. but one will quickly then loose the AP and become rather LD).

They both have very slightly different mental states to one another eg more mental relaxation is needed for a dream (so that the subconsciousness can start creating things) then an AP, though they both usually need the same kind of body relaxation state.

I find that people are either more naturally included towards one of those states then the other.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”