Everytime I LD, it's depressing

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dragonster82

Everytime I LD, it's depressing

Postby dragonster82 » 25 May 2015 13:01

Hello everybody,
I have been having quite a bit of LD recently with the help of everyone here, although I may not have fully been able to control it, having just enough to dream my desires.
However, there are times when I completely can't tell if I am dreaming or not, and just go with the flow of whatever my subconscious's story is.
At these times, I would dream incredibly negative outcomes and things that I would never wish happen, only to wake up in sweat and find that it's a dream. Now I know these MIGHT be called nightmares, but it isn't your daily ones, because these are subtle yet slowly creeping into my mind.

wagstamj

Re: Everytime I LD, it's depressing

Postby wagstamj » 25 May 2015 19:46

Interesting ... I can't seem to control where an LD will lead but simply go with it. It takes me to some highly detail frustrating activities like trying to put together an old clock and can't get the gears to match up or being in an airport but can't find my gate. Perhaps I'm frustrated in life and you are depressed? I LD in such stunning deail in old antique shops where the most beautiful complex items are for sale. I guess I'm so INTERESTED in everything I see that there's no time for depression.

Mark

dragonster82

Postby dragonster82 » 26 May 2015 06:29

Perhaps you have managed to attain such a state where you no longer focus much on your fears or obstacles.
Fixing those complex items you have mentioned might have a meaning to it, possibly that you are trying to fix what time could not heal. I see you have quite an interest in antiques as your dream world revolves around them. I believe your desires to experience and enjoy has overpowered your will to control your dream. From what I have experienced, one needs to have really strong mindpower in order to be in charge of the dreams you hold, for they often project your lingering desires of the subconscious mind.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 06:25

dragonster82 wrote:Hello everybody,
I have been having quite a bit of LD recently with the help of everyone here, although I may not have fully been able to control it, having just enough to dream my desires.
However, there are times when I completely can't tell if I am dreaming or not, and just go with the flow of whatever my subconscious's story is.
At these times, I would dream incredibly negative outcomes and things that I would never wish happen, only to wake up in sweat and find that it's a dream. Now I know these MIGHT be called nightmares, but it isn't your daily ones, because these are subtle yet slowly creeping into my mind.

Sounds like you need to program yourself to start doing reality checking in your dreams. Start reality checking in real life to things which also appear in your dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”