First Timer-trying hard :)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rizvy2803

First Timer-trying hard :)

Postby Rizvy2803 » 26 May 2015 12:39

Hey Dreamers,

( sorry,if i'm posting wrong )

I am Rizvy. I came across Lucid dreaming about a month ago while searching about dreaming after seeing the movie Inception.The info i got about LD was mind boggling.I was ready to LD,But wait......Its not happening !! :cry:

May be the problem lies within me; First of all,am not at all used to waking to an alarm clock.The thing is,whenever i hear alarms in my sleep,It becomes a part of my "sleepy world".I fail to interpret it as my waking call.Due to this i won't be able to perform WILD techniques.( i've even tried to set speakers beside my bed and playing alarm through those,But FAILED !!!! )

But i came across a post telling about converting your SP to LD ( That's awesome ).
So 3 days back i was so determined and set off to my lovely comfy bed :) , and plugged in my earbuds and started playing some good binuaral beat ( created by myself using Audacity- 4.5HZ theta waves).Binaural beast helps me to reach a state of SP ( Empty,feeling energy and so-on )

I felt like am weightless,Empty,Clean,and vibrations started to kick-in which was really weird ( I knew,i was at the brim of a SP ).Then i started to feel the pain in my joints ( it was unbearable ).But i succeeded in ignoring those.But it came to point where the pain and itching( tickling ) was out of control like its gonna kill me or something...At last,I opened my eyes :shock: :shock: :cry: .I then fall asleep.

But next morning i was researching about LD more and came to know that i was actually in a dream!!!
I then re-winded the things happened last night,and it came to me that,I actually opened eyes to the dream world.( i had my lights off during practicing the technique,but i remember,when i opened my eyes due to sever itching and joint pains,the lights was on!!! . But I failed to recognize it and went to sleep ) :(

From then on-wards am practicing to convert my SP to LD ( which seemed working for me ) But I have some problems which i need help to

1* How to overcome the joint pains and itching ( its unbearable sometimes )
2* I usually concentrate at the back of my eyelids waiting for the dream world to evolve but nothing happens,just some impressions of some kind,but vague.
So what should i do next to enter into the dream.
3* Is the technique am using right ? ( converting SP to LD )

Please help me,I want to Lucid dream and reach out to the stars :!: :!: :D :D .
Thanks in advance.

Kitfox

Re: First Timer-trying hard :)

Postby Kitfox » 30 May 2015 18:15

Rizvy, your itching and pain sounds like a physical problem in the waking world. For example, I had to stop drinking coffee because it caused me to become restless and itchy in bed, and caused muscle stiffness and cramps. Coffee (caffeine), even just a little bit, made it difficult for me to sleep. However, sometimes when I got tired enough I would sink into a liminal (hypnogogic) state, although too restless to enter REM. Or could you be allergic to your mattress, or have some other allergy?

Rizvy2803

Re: First Timer-trying hard :)

Postby Rizvy2803 » 01 Jun 2015 18:07

Kitfox wrote:Rizvy, your itching and pain sounds like a physical problem in the waking world. For example, I had to stop drinking coffee because it caused me to become restless and itchy in bed, and caused muscle stiffness and cramps. Coffee (caffeine), even just a little bit, made it difficult for me to sleep. However, sometimes when I got tired enough I would sink into a liminal (hypnogogic) state, although too restless to enter REM. Or could you be allergic to your mattress, or have some other allergy?

I think the problem is coffee...I just f*kng love coffee :) (3-4 a day )
I should reduce coffee then.....

I too have the same problem where i find it easy to slip into hypnogogic state but i would be stuck there and not able to get into REM :(

Anyway thanks for your reply..will try hard again next time :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”