Hard for me to control anything

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Merk7

Hard for me to control anything

Postby Merk7 » 26 May 2015 20:31

So I used to lucid a lot back in the day but kind of just stopped. After watching the movie Waking life, i wanted to get back into it. So i been doing reality checks for like a week and i just had my first one today. Mind you i been suffering from depression for the past couple of years. So in my lucid dream i can normally change scenes and stuff but its hard for me to control the other people in my dreams. Its like im having a constant struggle of control and i dont know how i can fix it. I asked one of them in the dream and they said because i have so many conflicting beliefs/problems, but i dont know if that means anything or just my self conscious just bullshitting. If anyone has help much appreciated

Kitfox

Re: Hard for me to control anything

Postby Kitfox » 30 May 2015 18:25

Merk7: I'm also returning to LD after a long hiatus. I often begin my lucid dream by entering a "dim room" with no furniture, and little light. It is often difficult for me to get out of the room and fly away. However, as time has passed and I'm getting more practice, I realize that my difficulties have to do with my conditioning to the awake world of of earthly gravity, material walls, and various mental and emotional limitations. My brain has a hard time believing I can fly or change the scene, and is just too used to thinking in limiting terms. What's been helpful is to develop an "anticipatory" frame of mind, and to think about how my mind works with expectations and visualizing in the waking world. I've started meditation (again), especially on visual images in order to sharpen and stabilize my concentration. I also try not to think through what I do in the dream, but rather to visualize what I want to do, as clearly as I can, and this seems to help.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”