Was this a near lucid dream experience?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CrypticKaxar

Was this a near lucid dream experience?

Postby CrypticKaxar » 27 May 2015 09:46

Yesterday was my first day of purposely trying to lucid dream, and I was looking at techniques. This is what I did.

I laid in my bed, got into a comfortable position. I stayed in the same position for about 15 and ignored any sensation I wanted to move. After about 15 minutes (I wasn't counting, but I'd estimate it to be that long) I started feeling like I was hovering in the air, and although my eyes were closed, I could see where I was pointed at. My head was facing to a corner in my room, and I saw that but my eyes were closed. I also heard a constant noise. (You know when you get hit in the air, you hear that constant noise. I can't really explain it, but it was similar to the noise you hear when you get hit in the air) After that, I got extremely excited, and my heart was beating really fast. At least 90 BPM I'd say.

At this point, I just opened my eyes and stopped because with my excitement and my heart rate, I found it hard to not move.

But I was wondering, was this about to be SP or a lucid dream? Or was it something completely different? And are there any other methods that are worth trying for a beginner?

Thanks,

EDIT: I was also wondering (can someone please answer it, I am really wondering how it will be if/when I ever get to lucid dream), when you are lucid dreaming, does it actually feel like you're doing that thing? So say I'm walking across the road, at that moment, do I feel my feet stepping on the ground? Do I hear the wind? Hear birds and cars and anything else I may imagine? Or am I just lying there and imagining this happening and not feel it, but I can imagine it REALLY well?

taniaaust1

Re: Was this a near lucid dream experience?

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 06:22

EDIT: I was also wondering (can someone please answer it, I am really wondering how it will be if/when I ever get to lucid dream), when you are lucid dreaming, does it actually feel like you're doing that thing? So say I'm walking across the road, at that moment, do I feel my feet stepping on the ground? Do I hear the wind? Hear birds and cars and anything else I may imagine? Or am I just lying there and imagining this happening and not feel it, but I can imagine it REALLY well?

If you don't know the answer to that, it means you haven't done much reading on LD yet. I strongly suggest to start reading every ones LD experiences as reading more about it can help trigger off a LD for you.

But I was wondering, was this about to be SP or a lucid dream? Or was it something completely different?

Not everyone who does LD experiences SP, many never do. With that finding yourself floating in your room, it may of been an astral projection/OBE . I think people are either more naturally inclined towards either LD or OBE/AP, they are very alike but slightly different.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”