dreaming about lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
gfhedf

dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby gfhedf » 29 May 2015 08:52

Hi all. First of all i want to say that English is not my native language and im still studying. But i think you will understand me :)

Im wondering is it possible to dream about becoming lucid while you are not really lucid?

Also i had 2 Lucid dreams but i cant remember what i wanted to do when im lucid.I just do what i think.Is there any tips to remember what i wanted to do and remember things from waking life like the music i like and play it on dream? :mrgreen:

RealityCheck

Re: dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby RealityCheck » 30 May 2015 11:21

Yes! Dreaming about lucid dreaming is totally possible. It's really funny to have them because you don't know you're dreaming but you're dreaming about being lucid..? It's hard to explain yeah haha.

By 'can't remember', if you mean during your dream you don't know what to do, then you should make sure you're fully lucid. Do some techniques (rubbing hands, spinning, etc.) to be fully in control then recall some ideas you planned ahead before sleeping and follow it :) For me, I like to go along with a story I had written a while ago, but it ends up in a whole different story which is just as cool.

To remember things from real life is similar. I don't have a specific way of doing it, but some memories just come to me like snap. Try taking some time to relax and think through before jumping into your dream :)
How to wake yourself up

gfhedf

Postby gfhedf » 30 May 2015 12:00

yeah that was exactly what i meant :) Thanks for answer
It seems to me that memory in dreams suck :D

Kitfox

Postby Kitfox » 30 May 2015 19:55

Meditation helps with concentration and awareness. Good to practice that for about 15-20 min. before going to sleep. Spinning your dream body within the dream helps to keep you aware and in the LD state. It also helps to practice reminding yourself to do things that will keep you conscious, e.g. practice saying, while awake (just before going to sleep), that "this is a dream," or reminding yourself to spin around every once in awhile; the latter always help me stay conscious. Spinning can also change the scene you're in (which is also interesting -- who knows where you'll end up!). I think that a lot of the problems that people have with staying conscious are related to lack of mental concentration in the awake life.

Return to “For Beginners”