WILD Phobia

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Eiroth

WILD Phobia

Postby Eiroth » 29 May 2015 13:51

Hello good people!

I just want to tell people this problem to see if there is an easy solution to it so here we go:

I have been trying to have lucid dreams for about a year or something like that (I forgot to practice a bit so I have only had limited success) and I have tried multiple techniques, such as dream checks and journals, but every time I try to perform a MILD, I remember a terrifying experience I had once. I was trying to induce sleep paralysis, without a whole lot of success. Then the hallucinations started. Outside of my bedroom I could hear a rhythmic tapping. The same thing happened when I tried a few months later, and I was utterly terrified both times. Now, whenever I try to sleep on my back, I start to think about that and move constantly to keep sleep paralysis at bay.

Please, I just want to know if there is some good way for me to conquer this fear so that I can try WILDS and improve my lucid dream experience.

Thank you for listening.

gfhedf

Re: WILD Phobia

Postby gfhedf » 29 May 2015 14:16

i have had only 2 lucid like (maybe semi-lucid) dreams and never had a sp so i dont know much about it
I think only way to overcome it is to fully understand that it is natural and only hallucinations
also dont try to have lucid dreams every night. i have tried lucid dreaming 2 weeks but nothing happened then i took a break for 1-2 days and before sleep i just told myselft that i will have a lucid dream and it happened 2 days in a row.(these are my 2 lucid dreams)

And sorry for my english im studying :mrgreen:

Indoril Nerevar

Re: WILD Phobia

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 30 Jun 2015 03:50

This might be too cliche and it is and it is cliche because it is true
' The only thing to fear is fear itself. '

Not helping am I? I know, buuuut I remember my first conscious SP episode. I couldn't move for some time and saw a really acrobatic snake/salamander jump around my room spitting poison everywhere. I felt amused, I relaxed myself and concentrated on my body, the feeling of being weightless, the feeling you get when you take a hot shower on your back. I controlled my breathing and by the time I finished doing all this, I just blinked once and got control of my own body. I read about SP and searched some blogs about it and the only thing you have to remember is,' IT ISN'T REAL! IT LOOKS, FEELS, FARTS REAL IN EVERY WAY BUT IT IS NOT!' Scream that in your mind next time you get SP and try to calm yourself back in control. The mind is a powerful tool after all.
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Return to “For Beginners”