Awakening other dreamers in a lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
archangel69

Awakening other dreamers in a lucid dream

Postby archangel69 » 01 Jun 2015 02:04

I have had lucid dreams since I was 9. I am now 45. I have clusters of dreams spanning years, then lose them for a while when this world takes its toll on me- recently I have had a glut of lucids, and strangely the same people keep reappearing in the same strange and lonely seaside ... town? Yesterday I made it my business to waken to lucidity all those in my vicinity. I showed them that clocks, digi or analogue don't work, books are tricky and signs don't work well. I told them they were asleep, but could waken. No-one believed me until I showed them that they could fly, firstly by showing them that I could (was a little out of practice, so did the missing the floor thing) then was helping them to do it themselves. Met a guy who was too afraid to fall out of a window, so I said we could try it together. He managed to float, but I told him he had to use his mind to be able to fly - he thought it was awesome. as i came awake i had the presence of mind to ask him his name - "Charlie" he replied. and I awoke, I wished I had asked him for a surname. I remember his maroon arran sweater. I returned to this dream about 5 times and at each occurence I was welcomed back by all (Anna, jenny, Siobhan, and a coupla guys whose names I forget) but couldn't find Charlie - Anna now awake thought maybe I couldn't find him cos he was now awake. This was the first time I had ever tried to awaken anyone in my dream to the fact that they might be asleep and dreaming.
I wondered if anyone else has tried this and if so what were the results?
Am off to bed to try to get back into that place.
Ps I have neve blogged b4 so forgive me if i break protocol, but i need the input of others now.
Happy dreams
Dael

gfhedf

Re: Awakening other dreamers in a lucid dream

Postby gfhedf » 01 Jun 2015 10:34

Hi Dael :) all you wrote are interesting but you cant "wake" them because they are not real :| it is impossible for 2 people to be in the same dream and interact with each other(at least for now) if that is what you meant.All people you see are productions of your own mind.
Im happy if i helped you :)
Also sorry for my english

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jun 2015 14:54

Gfhedf is right, archangel69. It is most plausible that your mind hatched this fantasy and emulated it in quite a convincing way in lucid dream format. Remember that the premise that dream characters are sentient beings and some represent people who are asleep, and dreaming, in the real world, is nothing but a belief with no foundation whatever. It is a premature conclusion -- and certainly not a tenable one given that the dream world can emulate anything imaginable -- from which you derived the delusion that if dream characters appear sentient and confused then they must be. In doing so you overlook the overwhelmingly convincing reasons to believe that everything experienced by the dreamer is hallucinatory and thus conceptually illusory by nature.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

archangel69

Postby archangel69 » 01 Jun 2015 17:34

Hi guys/gals, thanks for the replies - sorry I wrote that late at night and didn't make it clear that this was only a thought experiment - I am aware that it would be extremely unlikely that any real world dreamers would be in my dream (although I have dreamt of people that I didn't know and later met them in real life!).

I was more interested in what their reactions might be, whether they would ignore my attempts, express total disbelief or as in my case be persuaded when presented with evidence. I also wanted to see if the dream characters could read clocks, signs or books (ie tell me the time etc.) In my case they were unable to do any of the above!

I wondered if other lucids had attempted such an experiment and if so what their results were. Sorry for not making myself clear enough (think I just missed out a sentence I thought I had typed...

Thanks guys/gals

gfhedf

Postby gfhedf » 03 Jun 2015 08:56

Yeah this is interesting topic
I never give much attention to the dream characters
About what they would able and not able to do,some people say you cant control other dream characters but im not sure because i had only 2 LDs until now :D i will try to manipulate peoples actions in lucid dreams :twisted: What do you think about this? Do you tried to do this?

Sorry if i wrote something wrong,my English is not good enough :P

Yanshuf

Postby Yanshuf » 03 Jun 2015 11:29

well what you're talking about is the so called shared dreaming.
You cant confirm if this one was a shared dream, but there is chances.
There was a few experiments ran with this phenomenon, in an experiment there were over 50 shared dream where two or more people have synched, but this experiment was not conducted in a scientifical enviroment.
Some says we always share dreams with random people, some says ,its very hard to get into ones dream.
There are theories to this phenomenon ,some says we always dream in teh same dream world, some says that we all have our own dream which can be accessed by other dreamers. I don't know for sure which one is correct, but I'll try to have one such dream after I master WILD.
So thats it, you can believe it or not, its up to you to find out if thats real. You can test this out with a friend of yours, your friend don't have to be a lucid dreamer but its easier to test this out with someone who is also experienced with lucid dreaming.

archangel69

Postby archangel69 » 15 Jun 2015 01:28

I have a feeling I need to find Charlie of the Maroon Arran sweater - I have a feeling he has answers. :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”