What to do with dream signs???

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
xI GENGAR Ix

What to do with dream signs???

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 01 Jun 2015 16:33

Most my dreams are random but every now and then i will dream that i am with people that i never see in my waking life people i once knew but now have nothing to do with.I struggle with dream signs but i have a few....my main sign is bieng with people that i am never with or know in my waking life.Now i know my dream sign what do i do with it?....considering i know its a sign it still doesnt trigger when it happens.....seems like i know its a sign when im awake but dont know its a sign when im dreaming....any tips on how to make this sign more powerful so it will trigger me into a lucid state? Thankyou

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucid Dreams = 25

Cobalt

Re: What to do with dream signs???

Postby Cobalt » 01 Jun 2015 22:48

In a dream, you are unable to recall waking life. So just simply knowing what your dream sign is when you're awake won't be able to trigger lucidity in a regular dream.

I was a little confused about this too, so I made a post about it and got some info from a user named RealityCheck.

RealityCheck wrote:...for me, my dreams often take place in elevators or my old apartment. Once I realize this through recording dream journals, then I can do a RC each time I'm in an elevator since being back at my old apartment is not possible.

It's not really recalling your waking life in your dream. You just need to get in a habit to do a RC each time you see something that comes out often in your dream which will work as your dream sign. Once you are in the habit, in your dream, you will suddenly ask yourself "wait, am I dreaming?" and may do a RC to become lucid.
Lucid Dreams: 4

xI GENGAR Ix

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 02 Jun 2015 01:02

thanx cobalt for the reply.The thing with me is that i never go streight into a lucid dream....my LD's happen like half way through a dream......ill get to a half way point and something weird will happen which will then trigger me off......i dont bother with the W.I.L.D technique as when i wake up it takes me too long to go back to sleep.....but yeah ill continue with my RC's....i just wish more weird things happen in my daily life.....i have resorted to only reality checking when something odd happens in my life or when im at a place i dont usualy go....ill eventually find my path =)
Lucid Dreams = 25

Cobalt

Postby Cobalt » 02 Jun 2015 01:29

I do reality checks often throughout the day, it's not always in response to something unusual.

EDIT: Since your dream sign involves being around people you don't know IWL, whenever you do a reality check, ask yourself "Do I recognize the people around me?"
In most of my dreams, I am very rarely in a familiar place. So, whenever I do a reality check, I ask myself if I recognize my location.
I've only had one LD though, so I'm not sure if any of this works or not.
Lucid Dreams: 4

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”