Lucid in the Sky with Diamonds

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
SgtPepper

Lucid in the Sky with Diamonds

Postby SgtPepper » 03 Jun 2015 02:54

I rarely hear music in my dreams, but when I do, it is very vivid. Every night before bed, I listen to music, and sometimes I fall asleep with the music on. One night I had a lucid dream, and the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was playing. So I thought to myself "wow. I must be hearing the music from my earbuds, because this is REALLY vivid. When I finally woke up, I realized that I wasn't even wearing ear buds and the music was not playing.
Last edited by SgtPepper on 06 Jun 2015 02:30, edited 1 time in total.

gfhedf

Re: Lucid in the Sky with Diamonds

Postby gfhedf » 03 Jun 2015 09:12

Cool! im wondering if i can play music i want in a LD.That can be awesome!
Sorry for my English :D

SgtPepper

Postby SgtPepper » 03 Jun 2015 18:09

gfhedf wrote:Cool! im wondering if i can play music i want in a LD.That can be awesome!
Sorry for my English :D

It is absolutely amazing, and vivid! And no worries, mate. Your English is fine.

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 07 Jun 2015 03:58

I have songs in my dreams on occasion. Sometimes I don't even know what the song is though. I've been lucid dreaming since November of 2013 but I've just recently had my first successful WILD (I've had about 80 normal lucid dreams). I kept going in and out of the dream, and I would know when I was in the dream because music would be playing. I would be awake, paralyzed and then in a dream with Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix, and then go back to being awake, then back to the dream listening to Otherside by RHCP. It was pretty weird/cool.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Jun 2015 00:18

It looks like you've been able to use music as a dream cue. Well done! Your assumption that you were wearing earbuds, as the cause of the music you heard in your lucid dream, is intriguing. Your memory of the situation in the real world seems to have failed you -- but then again, this can happen in waking life, too. It seems cognate with Alan Worsley's 'Bizarre Thinking' (see Dream Science) if it's got nothing to do with false memory concoctions in the slightest.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

SgtPepper

Postby SgtPepper » 23 Jun 2015 20:11

Xtreme_Walrus wrote:I have songs in my dreams on occasion. Sometimes I don't even know what the song is though. I've been lucid dreaming since November of 2013 but I've just recently had my first successful WILD (I've had about 80 normal lucid dreams). I kept going in and out of the dream, and I would know when I was in the dream because music would be playing. I would be awake, paralyzed and then in a dream with Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix, and then go back to being awake, then back to the dream listening to Otherside by RHCP. It was pretty weird/cool.

That's trippy haha

SgtPepper

Postby SgtPepper » 23 Jun 2015 20:16

Summerlander wrote:It looks like you've been able to use music as a dream cue. Well done! Your assumption that you were wearing earbuds, as the cause of the music you heard in your lucid dream, is intriguing. Your memory of the situation in the real world seems to have failed you -- but then again, this can happen in waking life, too. It seems cognate with Alan Worsley's 'Bizarre Thinking' (see Dream Science) if it's got nothing to do with false memory concoctions in the slightest.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Yes, it's very intriguing. I think I've heard that when you are lucid dreaming, you cannot hear or feel anything that is occurring in real life.

That reminds me about a lucid dream I had the other day where I rolled out of bed, and it was so realistic that I thought, "damn, maybe I rolled out of bed in real life".

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 24 Jun 2015 05:16

I hear my favorite songs in dreams sometimes. I usually try to remember if the dream did the song correctly. Like not skipping a verse, chorus, etc. Getting the lyrics right.

Don't really remember anything particular but I haven't heard a song beginning to end in a dream
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”