Are you supposed to feel weird

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Chezlon

Are you supposed to feel weird

Postby Chezlon » 03 Jun 2015 13:51

So, I just learned about Lucid dreaming yesterday and tried it out last night using the FILD technique. Something stramge happened I don't know if its normal or not. I woke up in the middle of the night like I always do for some reason and I decided to do the FILD technique. It didn't really want to work so I did this for some reason. I focused on the light in the black when you close ur eyes u know. My heart started beating very fast and it my body heated up quickly and I could feel myslef sweating. I began to get dizzy so I thought, maybe this was it. I just couldnt go through because of the headache it was causing and my body heating up and feeling like I was having a heart-attack. Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

Snaggle

Re: Are you supposed to feel weird

Postby Snaggle » 05 Jun 2015 09:33

Abnormal with any Lucid Dreaming technique. You could of just had a random illness that hit at the same time you tried or been too excited.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chezlon

Postby Chezlon » 05 Jun 2015 13:57

It happens every night. I tired every night after that I am always so close but then my heart feels like its in my throat. Maybe its fear or something because it feels very weird because I can feel myself going in to the dream world.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

Indoril Nerevar

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 30 Jun 2015 03:26

This might just be your body's natural reaction to sleep paralysis or something. I remember feeling reaaaallly dizzy and my heart rate too had gone haywire. Tell you what, if you do also hear sounds when you are experiencing this, any kind of sounds from a simple draft to the devil seducing your ear, it probably is SP. So just calm yourself by breathing in and breathing out like you're meditating and keep yourself awake no matter HOW dizzy you feel, you might just land yourself a lucid dream via SP.

It might also help to meditate in waking reality. About 15 mins every day whenever in your free time should do the trick. I found an article on this website that said it helped develop your awareness and so I tried it and believe me, it does help. SP now for me is not such a heart exploding experience. I've had about nine in total.
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Chezlon

Postby Chezlon » 30 Jun 2015 09:00

Thanks, I'll be sure to try it.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”