How do you shop yourself waking up?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucie

How do you shop yourself waking up?

Postby Lucie » 06 Jun 2015 22:44

I've been lucid dreaming for about a year and managed it around 10 times. Each time I always wake up fairly quickly. It's hard to tell exactly how long it lasts but I'd say it's never usually any more than about 30 seconds. I think it's the excitement of it happening. Can anyone give advice on how to stop yourself waking up?

Xtreme_Walrus

Re: How do you shop yourself waking up?

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 07 Jun 2015 03:47

Well, the first step is to always stay calm. Just stop what you are doing and just breathe in and out deeply a few times and follow your breathing. A problem I have is that I start running in a random direction (I usually realize I'm dreaming in my house), but it's pretty pointless, so yeah just stay still for a minute while you decide what you want to do.
There are a couple things you can do to anchor yourselves into a lucid dream:
1. Rub your hands together (I'm not sure why exactly, something about movement stabilizes dreams)
2. Touch your surroundings
3. Do math in your head, it helps you to think logically
4. Spin around in circles (Again this works because of the movement, but I usually don't use this too much, just due to the fact that it's a bit disorienting.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jun 2015 18:04

^^ Take heed of this and check out this link:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Lucie

Postby Lucie » 08 Jun 2015 00:31

Thank you both for advice. I'll go and take a read of that now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jun 2015 00:50

With practice you will get better. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”