Is it normal?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
giaz99

Is it normal?

Postby giaz99 » 07 Jun 2015 12:55

Since I've been working on lucid dreaming and trying to remember all my dreams or at least, most of them in vivid detail, I've come across a few interesting things about myself.

1. I love every single one of my dreams, even the nightmares are incredible because I come up with cool ways to deal with the creature which leaves me more impressed of myself when I wake up than terrified.

2. All my dreams are varied, I've had dreams inside, outside, adventure, casual, fantasy, flying (with wings and hand gliders, which I've never had or used before ever!) exc!

3. None of my dreams involve things I try to improve in real life (I work very hard on improving myself emotionally and physically in real life), all of them seem like fantasies or expectations which is sort of what I like of my dreams, it's like an extra world that's never disappointing.

4. I show a lot of attention to certain aspects lately (last 4 days). For example, I had to save a group of people from a monster so I unplugged something that was holding the car in place than sprinted to a group of cars so that if the monster happened to notice me, it would possibly get ran over if I was quick enough. I even managed to notice that the train station I go to from school was strange and completely random so I did a reality check, I did the right hand/finger through the left hand and nothing happened (I try to push it through at least three times) BUT, my second reality check worked! The nose holding one and trying to breathe through it. When it worked, I found it so strange I asked my friend next to me to do it but what I did to test if it was a dream was I put my hand out and put it in some sort of pistol form and pulled my thumb down, if it was a dream than it would of shot him. It didn't work and when I got home, I tried putting my hand through the glass window but nothing happened. I was stumped about this when I woke up but this was my first time actually trying a reality check in a dream! (And I did it 3 times! Only 1 worked though)

5. In real life, my focus is keeping my heart beat at a constant rate so when I'm in the dream world, it doesn't go crazy and wake me up, ruining my best efforts to get my brain to remember my dreams after it's over. (which has been working) It actually works to, I will look into my deepest fears and keep calm and study over the situation which is incredible to me! Giant monster coming towards me and I just stay there or run while deciding what to do about the situation! Unfortunately when I cannot think of anything that could save me, I give up and let everything work out the way it's meant to go, most of my dreams don't involve death or violence though but as I mentioned above, my dreams are multi-genre and awesome!

So basically my questions for 'is it normal' would have to be!
1. Is it weird to like nightmares?
2. Is it weird to be analytic over scary situations or even every situation?
3. Is it weird that only one of my reality checks actually worked? (Both were putting my hand through something)
4. Is it weird that I'm actually able to take some of my feelings from real life over to my dreams with what seems like pure will? (Because i'm not trying to create a habit out of breath control, I just do it when I realize things my heart is beating faster which isn't often)
5. Does it mean anything that ALL my dreams are random?
6. Does it mean anything that ALL my dreams have nothing to do with real life but more or less something I think would be cool to happen to me? (Most of my dreams are random but the fantasy ones are really something I wished for, like flying!)

I'm really curious and extremely hyped for a lucid dream OR even just normal dreams because to be honest, normal dreams are pretty neat but I am curious about the above 6 questions even if they make no sense.

Fira

Re: Is it normal?

Postby Fira » 10 Jun 2015 04:01

3. Is it weird that only one of my reality checks actually worked? (Both were putting my hand through something)
4. Is it weird that I'm actually able to take some of my feelings from real life over to my dreams with what seems like pure will? (Because i'm not trying to create a habit out of breath control, I just do it when I realize things my heart is beating faster which isn't often)
6. Does it mean anything that ALL my dreams have nothing to do with real life but more or less something I think would be cool to happen to me? (Most of my dreams are random but the fantasy ones are really something I wished for, like flying!)

1. No it's not weird.
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. See above.
5. No it doesn't mean anything.
6. See above.

Basically, all that stuff you described means you're perfectly normal, and actually have quite a healthy imagination/interest in the inner workings of your mind/dream world, which is a good thing to have when wanting to lucid dream. Keep at it.

giaz99

Postby giaz99 » 10 Jun 2015 05:04

Fira wrote:

1. No it's not weird.
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. See above.
5. No it doesn't mean anything.
6. See above.

Basically, all that stuff you described means you're perfectly normal, and actually have quite a healthy imagination/interest in the inner workings of your mind/dream world, which is a good thing to have when wanting to lucid dream. Keep at it.

Thank you!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Aug 2015 17:31

I even managed to notice that the train station I go to from school was strange and completely random so I did a reality check, I did the right hand/finger through the left hand and nothing happened (I try to push it through at least three times) BUT, my second reality check worked! The nose holding one and trying to breathe through it. When it worked, I found it so strange I asked my friend next to me to do it but what I did to test if it was a dream was I put my hand out and put it in some sort of pistol form and pulled my thumb down, if it was a dream than it would of shot him. It didn't work

Hi, you need to change your reality checks and not do again the ones which fail you. I cant put my finger through my hand either. I find though checking my hand for weirdness is a good check for me. (Make sure you do two different reality checks which haven't failed you before. If your reality checks are failing you may not have any lucid dreams, so you need to find reality checks which do work for you.

Really be open to that you could be having a LD whenever you reality check.

The randomness of dreams is one thing I just love about them, Im always in different places doing different kinds of things. I often have things in them which don't even exist in our world.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”