My name is Syriah, and I need help

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Miss_AnnVan

My name is Syriah, and I need help

Postby Miss_AnnVan » 08 Jun 2015 22:09

I have just registered for this site and am here for a specific reason. My name is Syriah (Suh-Rye-Uh) and I need help, hopefully from someone who has more experience and knowledge with lucid dreaming. About a year ago I began exploring the topic of lucid dreaming. The more I learned the more I wanted to be able to develop the ability to lucid dream when I wanted to, how I wanted to. Of course, like most of everyone, it didn't happen right away. it happened by accident, which now leads me to believe that the state-of-mind you are in is what will cause these dreams. Lucid dreaming also comes hand-in-hand with my belief system, which we will call vaguely for now Existentialism. I have had only two fully lucid dreams at this point, the second one happened last night and caused me to sleep in which is not usual for me.

The reason I am here is because I now realize that my mind has some darkness lurking within, which I believe is creating or drawing in negative sexual figures. I am scared because I also have been experiencing sleep paralysis, and worst case too... (if you know about this then you know how terrifying it can be). I know this all has to do with one another. Dreaming, lucidity, figures, paralysis, it all happens within the time you go to bed and when you wake up. When I registered for this site I read in the terms agreement that I may not post sexual, vulgar, etc. content. Unfortunately though, my lucid dreams consist of just that. There is a lot more to my story. What I want is for an experienced lucid dreamer to respond and maybe help me find a way to communicate and talk with you about this without having to post it publicly on the site.

Please respond if you can help,

Syriah.

hermes

i think i could help

Postby hermes » 09 Jun 2015 00:58

Hey! Uh... hello "Suh-Ray-Uh" (is that right) ;-; ok ;-;
Am, iam not really experienced on this LD stuff, but the way you're talking about the stuff you've been experiencing, leaded me to assume that you have some problems inside of you, maybe stress? Maybe you're confused about your sexual life and stuff... if you could, please send me an email telling who you are, (no adress, i have nothing to do with it) your job... your life style... the kind of relation you have with your family... tell me how do those dreams fells... and stuff... but... of course, do whatever you want, if you don't want to it i'll fully understand.
I can't say anything about you or anything cuz i really dont know you.

But i can say that, i've learned somewhere that if you sleep with you belly down, it is most likely to avoid sleep-paralysis, i don't know... never had one :\ anyways
There is e email for contact:
[email protected]

Good luck ^-^

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Re: My name is Syriah, and I need help

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jun 2015 17:34

Lucid dreaming also comes hand-in-hand with my belief system, which we will call vaguely for now Existentialism.

Interesting. If you don't mind, could you elaborate on this, please? I think many members here could do with being exposed to a fresh perspective which might even challenge popular opinions. I borrow a little from Existentialism myself, sometimes -- mostly Nietzsche and Sartre.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Re: My name is Syriah, and I need help

Postby jasmine2 » 10 Jun 2015 02:33

Syriah,
Welcome to the forum.

Several months ago, I think I was experiencing hypnagogia and sleep paralysis at the borderline of sleep. I "saw" a frightening demon approach the left side of my bed, and my heart was pounding with fear. I remembered a technique I had read about, and I ventured to mentally say to the intruder,"I love you!" Instantly, he disappeared. I woke up laughing and said, "Wow, I've always wanted to see a dream demon, and this anti-spook trick worked!"

I recommend the following resources --

- Article - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" by Ryan Hurd - LD4all.com
Best technique - "Scrunch up your face, snarl and squint." - Do this 2 or 3 times.

- Article - "Sleep Paralysis Visions: Demons, Succumbi, and The Archetypal Mind" - by Ryan Hurd - realitysandwich.com

- dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd -- Many very informative articles

- Article - "LDE: Robert Waggoner Interviews Beverly D-Urso" - improverse.com
Discussion with this talented lucid dreamer includes how she got rid of scary dream witches, and also a summary of her varied types of sexual dreams.

Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- Article - "What Is Guided Imagery? / Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com
Author, Belleruth Naparstek, also has videos at YouTube about guided imagery and PTSD treatment.

- "Guided Imagery and Meditaion Blog/ Health Journeys" - blog.healthjourneys.com
See Categories in right column. After clicking "Read this entry" - click back space

- YouTube - "Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Demonstration" - Mercola

- Book - "Getting Past Your Past ..." by Francine Shapiro - About EMDR technique

Article - "Quantum Metaphysics" by Paul Levy - awakeninthedream.com
Ideas in this series of articles appeal to my evolving attempt to find common ground between science and a rather Buddhist approach to spirituality.

Best wishes - jasmine2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”