Strange Occurrence.....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
OrangeCrush

Strange Occurrence.....

Postby OrangeCrush » 09 Jun 2015 14:35

Hey everyone,

I had a really weird experience the other night and I wanted to share it and see if anyone else has ever had something like this happen before. I am 43 and have been able to lucid dream since I was roughly 13 years old. It just came naturally to me, but I wasn't able to control it at all. It wasn't until a few months back that I really got serious about lucid dreaming and have thus been trying to develop my lucid dreaming skills. Anyways, last night I laid down for bed and tried to lucid dream. Normally when I lucid dream, I get these electrical like feelings that go through my head. Sometimes they can be really strong and uncomfortable, but once I relax and let the feeling overtake me, I am able to lucid dream. Last night that feeling started very softly and slowly built up over time. I have never experienced it like that before. Eventually it felt like I was sitting in one of those vibrating chairs that make your whole body vibrate, but for some reason I just couldn't get past that phase. Its like I got stuck there. I kept trying to relax more and more as I figured I was very close to lucid dreaming, but for some reason, I just wasn't able to do it.

I read a really cool description of this phenomenon on some misc Lucid Dreaming website that I can't remember. It said something like "imagine that your waking life and dreaming were 2 different radio stations and that electrical sensation is very much like the static in between those 2 stations. When you go from waking to dreaming, you have to get through that static". I always found that description to be very interesting. Anyways, normally those electrical like feelings last a very short period of time, maybe 30 to 60 second tops, but last night I had vibrations instead of the electrical feelings I normally get and I was in that vibration phase for an extended period of time. I just didn't wan't to give up as again, I felt like I was really close. I am betting I was in that stage for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I would shift around on my bed and the sensation would get lighter and then slowly get stronger again. It really felt like I was lying on one of those full body massage chairs. For some reason tho, I just couldn't get through it. I eventually wound up falling asleep and didn't even have a lucid dream, at least that I remember.

The strange occurrence happened when I woke up that following morning. I woke up and was just really disoriented. It was like I was still half asleep. Everything looked really weird. Honestly, it reminded me of my younger years when I used to use mushrooms. I felt like I had taken psychedelic mushrooms the night before and was only around 80% back to normal. I got up and had to drive and pick up a prescription. I was actually nervous driving as I just didn't feel right at all. I wound up taking side roads as opposed to getting on the freeway and even after an hour of being fully awake, I still felt really weird and disoriented. Basically, just all spaced out. I bought a Mountain Dew to inject myself with a nice dose of caffeine. It helped as about 10 minutes after drinking a quarter of the bottle, I began to feel more normal, but I didn't feel 100% normal until roughly 4-5 hours later. Its like I nuked my brain in the static between radio stations.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen before? If you are unable to get through that vibration stage, like I was that night, should you just abandon trying as opposed to staying in that state for long periods of time? I have to be honest, I was a bit nervous that I had done something to my brain by staying in that state for too long. Is there any danger from staying in that phase too long? Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else had ever experienced anything like this before and could maybe shed some light on exactly what happened. Definitely one of the stranger things I have experienced in recent years.

this is actually my first post on these forums, lol. Nice first post huh?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”