Practicing non violence

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Go left

Practicing non violence

Postby Go left » 12 Jun 2015 04:48

Hey so I have a lot of dreams where DCs try to attack me and up until a while ago I was throwing them out windows and generally just attacking them back. But I think it can't be a good thing to get violent and am trying to come up with some alternatives. Recently someone was walking towards me and I threw a cream pie in there face and made there pants fall down, changing them into a kitten is cool too but then they always seem to turn evil again.
Does anyone know what aggressive DCs mean and what to do about them?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Peter

Re: Practicing non violence

Postby Peter » 12 Jun 2015 10:10

they are possibly aggressive because you think they are, a lot of their actions are due to the life you give them. If you dont want them to be aggressive then simply tell them to change
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Jun 2015 21:40

I agree with Peter. Everything about the nature of your lucid dreaming experience is defined by expectation, but this "expectation" is more profound and convoluted than it seems. It involves a certain presumption of the subconscious--the subconscious itself has its perspective on what is going to happen, and it warps the dreamscape about its various tendencies, complete with involuntary prejudices, paranoia and phobia, subjective, nonempirical knowledge, et cetera. Changing the course of lucid dreams is difficult for this reason; the subconscious not dissimilar to an untamable beast.

Well said.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Jun 2015 02:27

Go Left,
Over the years, when I have dreamed of being attacked in dreams, I sometimes imagine, during the day, that I am attacking aggressive DCs. This mental self-defense practice may result in being better able to defend against dream attackers.

However, this does not always work, especially when I had a lot of recurring dreams of being attacked. Many people, unfortunately, may encounter prejudices or live in a dangerous community environment or home situation.

Sometimes I've had good results if I face the dream attacker and ask, "Why are you chasing and attacking me?", or, "What do you represent?".

If you encounter scary creatures during sleep paralysis, Ryan Hurd recommends - "scrunch up your face, snarl and Squint" several times. A "demon", who approached me in borderline sleep, disappeared when I mentally told him I loved him.

If you try to engage in dialog with aggressive dream figures, they sometimes become more cooperative and may reveal important insights about challenging situations in one's life.

It is very helpful to keep a dream journal. Try to interpret sometime bizarre dream metaphors and characters by thinking about how these symbols might be associated with personal life situations.

Is there some way that, in real life, you can get help in better protecting yourself from troublesome people you may encounter. Maybe you can learn better ways to negotiate with or distance yourself from people who have prickly personalities.

Ask the awareness behind the dreaming to send you some helpful dream guides, who can talk to you about your life situation.

Best wishes - jasmine2

deric23

Postby deric23 » 14 Jun 2015 16:30

They probably represent your own fears conflicts or problems. The usual theory is that if you run or attack them you solve nothing and they will return another time. If you send understanding and compassion to them they will loose their aggressiveness while at the same time you problem or fear in waking life will weaken or disappear. So try to engage them in conversation asking what they represent and if you can do anything for them or them for you.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jun 2015 14:02

Yes, try different approaches other than the usual impulsive ones. Experiment and see what works for you.

By the way, deschainXIX, I am really enjoying Letters to a Young Contrarian. Christopher Hitchens mentions quite a few, usually Marxist, members of 'the herd of independent minds' (as the art critic Harold Rosenberg put it).

I've already been looking up some of the 'contrarians', such as Peter Sedgwick and EP Thompson, and they are noble and inspirational. The subject inspires one to be independent in any field (including lucid dreaming) and to question/challenge authority! 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Go left

Postby Go left » 22 Jun 2015 13:45

Wow thanks gang! Seriously I got a lot out of all your posts. Some really insightful stuff in there. Can't wait to put it too the test

First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”