Summer Fun with Giant Soap Bubbles

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

Summer Fun with Giant Soap Bubbles

Postby jasmine2 » 15 Jun 2015 02:02

I think most people have enjoyed blowing soap bubbles, as a child. The following video is the best I've seen showing how to create really big, impressive bubbles.

- YouTube - "How To Make Giant Bubbles" - Night Hawk In Light

Includes instructions regarding poles, small weight, cotton rope (shows how to remove the synthetic core of rope to allow more liquid to absorb)
The instructions for the bubble formula are also on the associated website - -nighthawkinlight.wonderhowto.com

- dish washing liquid - 24 ounce (better if has fewer additives)
- water - 3 U.S. gallons
- Jorvet J0109 J-LUBE ... Powder - 1 table spoon - (very important ingredient)
Available on Amazon - but may also be found cheaper at farm or veterinary supply stores - online or local

The nighthawkinlight ... website also suggests adding - 3 tablespoons of baking powder - to improve bubble longevity and durability

(It would be advisable to avoid letting the giant bubbles float into traffic or onto open picnic food.)

Other related website and video -

- soapbubble.wikia.com - Getting Started

- YouTube - "Time Warp - Discovery Channel - Soap Bubbles Science Segment with Keith Johnson of BubbleArtist.com"

Have fun.
I invite forum readers to post a reply if you make some impressive bubbles. Maybe some of these magical bubble forms will decide to show up in lucid dreams.

Summerlander

Re: Summer Fun with Giant Soap Bubbles

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2015 01:08

jasmine2 wrote:I think most people have enjoyed blowing soap bubbles, as a child.

I have. But I only remember creating little ones. I would watched them till they popped. The rainbowy ones were my favourite. I was never concerned with their size. Even today I feel more intrigued watching a little bubble -- whose durable existence, location and density allows it to resplendently refract sunlight -- than a transitory and spiritlessly spacious one. :-P

jasmine2 wrote:- water - 3 U.S. gallons

How many UK gallons is that? :mrgreen:

jasmine2 wrote:The nighthawkinlight ... website also suggests adding - 3 tablespoons of baking powder - to improve bubble longevity...

Now that's what I'm talking about! :-D 8-)

jasmine2 wrote:Have fun.
I invite forum readers to post a reply if you make some impressive bubbles. Maybe some of these magical bubble forms will decide to show up in lucid dreams.

I hope so! I bet lucid dream bubbles are the best as the mind can create ideal ones -- imagination come to life! :-)

This topic is way more interesting than the pesky 'Megaman Discussions' and I'd rather see it at the top. :mrgreen:

Mwah! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 16 Jun 2015 07:36

It's nice, but for it to be in the top, we have to derail it..

A LOT!! :D
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2015 22:06

Very true. And the fact that they are currently having a far more interesting conversation -- about what one would do with unlimited superpower -- is not boding well for Jasmine2's bubbles. This topic might be as ephemeral as its object of discussion. If you can't beat them... Join them! :mrgreen:

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 17 Jun 2015 09:49

Tango needs two. They are more powerful than ever now. Let aside their super powers..
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jun 2015 10:50

They don't discuss interesting topics for long, though; they are very mercurial and there is no elaboration on anything that's discussed there. It's a bit disappointing. In here we can start 'derailing' the topic by comparing the cosmic voids between groups of galaxies to soap bubbles -- the air inside these could be analagous to dark matter (invisible but exerting influence). 8-)

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 17 Jun 2015 20:08

Let's get to work then!

“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”

I love that quote by Christopher. I might read the book as well.

- Jesus Christ

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 17 Jun 2015 23:29

Bubbles literally make no sense, physically. They're such strange and inexplicable objects...
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Jun 2015 01:03

Do tell us more! :-P

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 24 Jun 2015 06:11

I don’t mean they’re literally inexplicable, of course; there’s nothing supernatural about it. :mrgreen: I just think they’re vastly underestimated. They’re certainly among the more rare and remarkable physical structures occurring in the universe; consider the desiderata required for producing one. They’re perfectly spherical, quasi-solid sheets of liquid molecules, unstable and transient, that form naturally about gaseous molecules--that is, molecules that are more fast and unstable; plus, the surface tension of the medium and the internal/external pressures have to be equivalent, or else it’s an impossible structure!

I sound psychotically obsessed with bubbles, I know. I’m not really; I think I watched a TEDTalk (or some such scientific speech) about how bubbles are unjustly ignored by physicists a while ago, but I’ve forgotten which one it was. :P
Well said.

Return to “Off-Topic”