Any writers here?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Rebecca

Any writers here?

Postby Rebecca » 16 Jun 2015 14:12

Come on, out with it... 8-)

If you write fiction, what do you write about?

Have your lucid dreams inspired your work?

Do you have any really great resources you'd like to share?

Could you share your published works?

I'd like to see what the other lucid writers are up to....
Rebecca
Creator of World of Lucid Dreaming
and now Science Me

DesertExplorer

Re: Any writers here?

Postby DesertExplorer » 16 Jun 2015 14:31

I write poems, but LD have never been a factor. I'll find something good and share it.
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2015 15:05

I write all the time about all subjects. I have published an illustration for Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC (when I used to work for them as a researcher and the illustrator was on holiday; and one of my lucid dreams features in Michael Raduga's The Phase -- A Practical Guidebook. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 17 Jun 2015 20:42

http://www.poetsgraves.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20889&p=174090#p174090

This was one of my first attempts. I have stopped writing in my language, because I want to be completely devoted in English Poetry.

I wrote this poem in one day, so that's why it's so small. I usually like them longer. Take a look and tell me or criticise me if you feel like it. The guys in the forum have already done it though. But I'd like to take some more.
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 17 Jun 2015 23:18

I write fictitious novels whose genre could be described as "crime," "horror," or, in some cases, "science fiction"--sometimes an amalgamation of all three. A lot of my fiction has a supernatural, absurdist kind of horror to it, something within the vein of Lovecraft, as well as a ghastly silence and dark emptiness typical of Cormac McCarthy novels; I also try to capture the subtle, zany, and morbid humor of Coen brother films.

But I write purely for my own pleasure, or for the pleasure of a few close friends. I leave publication to the true virtuosos, especially since nowadays there are so many "self-published" authors with a sense of post-Stephen King entitlement circulating the strange realm of non-canonical publishing, a lot of them somewhere in between "fan fiction" and pulp fiction.

@DesertExplorer

Nice. I like your personifying imagery of nature. :mrgreen:
Well said.

keithplu

Postby keithplu » 18 Jun 2015 00:50

I write science fiction, so far my own pleasure, but I will be getting my works into print as I am one of the founders of a company which prints books for other self-publish authors. I have considerable technical expertise in that area which I can share

Although I have yet to get inspiration from a lucid dream of my own or take that dream portal to one of worlds (as my lucid dreams when I have them are too fleeting), my characters do lucid dream, sometimes to receive implanted messages from other places and or even other times.

Keith
Look beyond the mirror; see the distant shadows
But believe dreams appear as real as memories.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Jun 2015 01:07

For those of you planning to write and publish a book, start thinking about writing a 'book proposal' first and possibly regard any half-written book you may have as a blueprint for the proper thing! 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Jun 2015 14:37

deschainXIX wrote:Nice. I like your personifying imagery of nature. :mrgreen:

Thank you! I look forward to read your crime scenes.

- Jesus Christ

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Jun 2015 14:42

Summerlander wrote:For those of you planning to write and publish a book, start thinking about writing a 'book proposal' first and possibly regard any half-written book you may have as a blueprint for the proper thing! 8-)

Something like that?

http://writersedgeservice.com/sample-book-proposal-from-a-professional-literary-agency/

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Jun 2015 00:44

I suppose! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”