New dream application

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamcatcherapp

New dream application

Postby dreamcatcherapp » 16 Jun 2015 22:26

Hello fellow lovers of dreams, we are building a new application that will help us record, review, interpret and analyze trends in our dreams and hopefully get us all more knowledgeable about dreams, their meanings and helping us control our dreams. I am a software engineer by trade and one day I woke up (pun intended) and thought "I wish there was an easy way to record and track my dreams, this would give me greater sense of knowledge of how I dream & why I dream and eventually to control my dreams". I started jotting down some requirements for the application such as 1) it must be easy to use. In order to quickly and easily record my dreams as soon as I wake up the interface must be very easy to navigate. 2) I want to know how many times I dream about certain people, places and events. The app must allow to easily track and report on this. 3) I want to easily share my dreams with others, but only when I want. The app must have the ability to relay dreams to others in my social circle, but again, only when I want. 4) I want to easily look back and review dreams I've had in the past based on keywords. 5) The app should remind me throughout the day to practice for lucid dreaming, if I am so inclined. So the idea of creating Dreamcatcher was born! Now all I needed was a little funding to get started, I need to outsource some of the work to other developers. If you are so inclined to donate $5, $10 or $25 to help get this application off the ground feel free to visit my Kickstarter project page and make a donation. Here you will find my bio and LinkedIn page to get to know me a little better: http://kck.st/1G0mfbF

Thanks for the consideration and even if you don't donate I will keep this thread updated on our progress as we hope to have the final product available for a small amount in the next 3 - 6 months!

Dream on!
Greg

Summerlander

Re: New dream application

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2015 23:28

Sounds great, Greg! Have you asked Rebecca for permission to advertise your project? Sounds like a business venture, to put it politely... :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamcatcherapp

Postby dreamcatcherapp » 17 Jun 2015 14:14

Thanks for the encouragement, we hope that this app becomes a handy tool in the toolbox of fellow dream lovers. It seems I can't send Rebecca a private message as I'm too new to the forum so Rebecca if you are out there please contact me or let me know if it is ok to post regarding our project. My main goal is not to use the forum to ask for donations but to spread the word about the app :)

Greg

Nolly

Postby Nolly » 23 Jun 2015 22:12

Check out this new lucid dream website I found > http://www.luciddreamingland.com

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jun 2015 23:53

Thanks for the link! I like the 'walking down the stairs' approach in order to lucidly enter the dream world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ypoua

Postby Ypoua » 02 Jul 2015 06:11

Sounds like it's going to be a great app can't wait to try it out one day.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”