I can't start a Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nefilar

I can't start a Dream

Postby Nefilar » 18 Jun 2015 20:44

Every time I reach sleep paralysis I close my eyes but I can't enter any dream.... am I doing something Wrong??? Is this normal? And by the way can anyone help me getting lucid more often?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Re: I can't start a Dream

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jun 2015 01:28

Hi and welcome to the forum, Nefilar! If you are trying to induce a WILD, as soon as strange sensations arise in your field of awareness, amplify them with your mind before you think about moving away from your sleeping-body 'stencil'. To amplify any sensation -- be that sight, sounds, touch or vibrations -- is to quicken your mental world to great depth and realism. Once such sensation peaks, the more likely it is that when you decide to move it will be your phantom body, and not the physical one, that will be shifting and perambulating the dream world; most likely you will find yourself lucidly exploring an inaccurate replica of your bedroom and house.

Don't even think about moving or worry about whether you will do it corporeally or mentally. Just do it (when the time is right)! The sensation of getting out of bed may feel real but this doesn't mean you've ruined the process of inducement. Just get out of bed and test your reality -- you will quickly discover what really surrounds you which will most likely be a dream environment in which you are lucid.

Here is a link -- about the mind and the management and prolongation of lucid dreams -- which you may find useful:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

Good luck and sweet lucid dreams, buddy! Let me know how you get on and I will try to find the time to coach you if necessary! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”