Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Bob
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 22:06

Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Bob » 18 Jun 2015 22:25

Hello, I haven't been trying this for a very long time but I am worried. I've recently gotten out of the habit of being a piece of shit stoner. It's gone 23 days without anything and I'm not about to return exactly. But I've never felt more confused, scared and worried in my life thanks to several reasons but perhaps not the time to anounce that.

I've read that thc majorly impacts dream recall but I can remember my dream quite well now, so I got that going on for me which is nice. But my eyes, my eyes are wrong. I can't close them properly, they twitch and force my lids open. I can't focus on the hypnagogia and I'm just demoralized about what has happened to me. No one can tell me for sure what's wrong with me but nothing feels the same anymore and I just feel confused and depressed. Lucid dreaming is the only thing I burn for and I can't get it right. My focus is completly gone, it feels like. I used to be a "dogsleeper" or whatever it's called, lucidly dreamed on the regular in my waking life, never in bed at home though so basicly the difference between then and now makes me feel like I've been completly lobotomized, and it makes me very scared. I'm looking for someone who just wants to chatt about this, incase you have similar difficulties or perhaps know what's up.

So that's my story for being here, anyone's welcome.

jasmine2
Posts: 402
Joined: 15 Sep 2013 04:42

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby jasmine2 » 20 Jun 2015 03:09

Bob, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry you are experiencing unpleasant effects since you stopped using (I assume) marijuana. Your body may just need longer to get rid of residual toxic substances and get back into natural balance.

I suggest - try to go to bed at regular hours, exercise, and eat healthy food, and try to cultivate some new interests and acquaintances.

I recommend the following resources --
(1) Article - "Detoxing From Marijuana" - marijuana-anonymous.org

(2) YouTube - "Dr. Dean Ornish - Healing Through Diet"

(3) Website - ornishspectrum.com - "Ornish Lifestyle Medicine - Nutrition - The Ornish Spectrum"

(4) YouTube - "What's The Healthiest Diet? - Dr. McDougall vs. Dr. Fuhrman"

(5) Article - "High Nutrient Density" - drfuhrman.com
Click on links - "G-BOMBS" - "Nutritarian food pyramid" and "ANDI food score"

(6) Wikipedia - "List Of Phytochemicals In Food"
(healthy plant chemicals - non-caloric)

(7) YouTube - "Qigong Warm Up and Exercise" - by My Dothanh

(8) YouTube - "Yantra Yoga - The Tibetan Yoga Of Movement"
There is a brief introduction by Namkhai Norbu, author of books - "Dream Yoga and the Practice Of Natural Light" and "The Crystal and the Way of Light"

(9) Website - healthjourneys.com - Article - "What Is Guided Imagery?/ Health Journeys"

blog.healthjourneys.com - Guided Imagery and Meditation
See subject categories in right column

Health Journeys.com - Products
In product categories - Browse - audio samples

- Best Wishes - jasmine2

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1942
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Peter » 20 Jun 2015 03:33

Let all the past work its way out of you body, if you were pumping chemicals in on a regular basis then it need to work out like any craving and dont sweat on dreaming as it comes and goes so just relax, expect it to happen but dont force it. Emotion is the killer in retaining a lucid state
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Bob
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 22:06

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Bob » 20 Jun 2015 08:38

jasmine2 wrote:Bob, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry you are experiencing unpleasant effects since you stopped using (I assume) marijuana. Your body may just need longer to get rid of residual toxic substances and get back into natural balance.

I suggest - try to go to bed at regular hours, exercise, and eat healthy food, and try to cultivate some new interests and acquaintances.

I recommend the following resources --
(1) Article - "Detoxing From Marijuana" - marijuana-anonymous.org

(2) YouTube - "Dr. Dean Ornish - Healing Through Diet"

(3) Website - ornishspectrum.com - "Ornish Lifestyle Medicine - Nutrition - The Ornish Spectrum"

(4) YouTube - "What's The Healthiest Diet? - Dr. McDougall vs. Dr. Fuhrman"

(5) Article - "High Nutrient Density" - drfuhrman.com
Click on links - "G-BOMBS" - "Nutritarian food pyramid" and "ANDI food score"

(6) Wikipedia - "List Of Phytochemicals In Food"
(healthy plant chemicals - non-caloric)

(7) YouTube - "Qigong Warm Up and Exercise" - by My Dothanh

(8) YouTube - "Yantra Yoga - The Tibetan Yoga Of Movement"
There is a brief introduction by Namkhai Norbu, author of books - "Dream Yoga and the Practice Of Natural Light" and "The Crystal and the Way of Light"

(9) Website - healthjourneys.com - Article - "What Is Guided Imagery?/ Health Journeys"

blog.healthjourneys.com - Guided Imagery and Meditation
See subject categories in right column

Health Journeys.com - Products
In product categories - Browse - audio samples

- Best Wishes - jasmine2



Thank you Jasmine, I'll be sure to check all of that. I'm really greatful for the help. I have started to teach myself things through websites and exercise both body and brain. In time I really hope that I will recover and feel normal again. For some reason I just can't feel reassured of a full recovery because of how I feel seems to be beyond self repair. But that's just how I feel and can surely just be all in my head, though the fear still remains and it worries my on daily basis.

Still though, thank you very much. I will not quit fighting and I will not take comfort in more drugs just to feel normal again, we all know where that road leads.

Bob
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 22:06

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Bob » 20 Jun 2015 08:42

Peter wrote:Let all the past work its way out of you body, if you were pumping chemicals in on a regular basis then it need to work out like any craving and dont sweat on dreaming as it comes and goes so just relax, expect it to happen but dont force it. Emotion is the killer in retaining a lucid state


Thanks Peter, now that I think about it I do seem to force it quite hard. But I'm not sure what you meant in the end, does emotion kill your ability to retain the lucid state or is it killer in ways of how good it is to your ability to do so?

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1942
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Peter » 21 Jun 2015 08:37

I break a lucid dream into a few components, entry. So WILD, DILD and all the variations that are debated when you split hairs on what the state is but there is dream entry. My style is around 80% WILD and a lot of them. Next is DILD when you get you are dreaming so enter or obtain the lucid state from within the dream

So we get lucid one way or another and then depending on Spencerian and your nature it lasts a few second, a few minutes or a long time

At entry a lot of people get very excited and this is an emotional response to being lucid. I think this is a killer of the state as you tend to lose control of yourself and shift your focus from the dream and so lose stability and get pinged out.

A quiet observation at this point is critical at first, I dont always bother now but have a lot of experience.
Just noticing detail, quietly observing will sharpen up the focus, for instance if you cant see on entry as is common in WILD then you can panic and lose the dream, get excited and lose the dream, force your eyes open and most likely open your real eyes and lose the dream or as I like to do just walk and feel your feel on whatever surface your SC has provided. Very soon for me I will feel hot of cold, ie sun or wind and my eyes will open and I am solid in the dream. From here I will do what I have planned or just walk around as see what is interesting to do or find someone to talk to
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Bob
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 22:06

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Bob » 21 Jun 2015 11:06

Peter wrote:I break a lucid dream into a few components, entry. So WILD, DILD and all the variations that are debated when you split hairs on what the state is but there is dream entry. My style is around 80% WILD and a lot of them. Next is DILD when you get you are dreaming so enter or obtain the lucid state from within the dream

So we get lucid one way or another and then depending on Spencerian and your nature it lasts a few second, a few minutes or a long time

At entry a lot of people get very excited and this is an emotional response to being lucid. I think this is a killer of the state as you tend to lose control of yourself and shift your focus from the dream and so lose stability and get pinged out.

A quiet observation at this point is critical at first, I dont always bother now but have a lot of experience.
Just noticing detail, quietly observing will sharpen up the focus, for instance if you cant see on entry as is common in WILD then you can panic and lose the dream, get excited and lose the dream, force your eyes open and most likely open your real eyes and lose the dream or as I like to do just walk and feel your feel on whatever surface your SC has provided. Very soon for me I will feel hot of cold, ie sun or wind and my eyes will open and I am solid in the dream. From here I will do what I have planned or just walk around as see what is interesting to do or find someone to talk to


I understand and thank you. I appreciate your experience. Perhaps you might be able to answer a question. Since I haven't been doing this for a very long time I don't have much experience but I have had 2 succesful WILD entries in both I had trouble breathing but I managed to overcome it. But the question is, when I'm close to entry, I can feel it and as soon as I feel it my body automaticly just smahses me back into reality with some kick from the heart. It's like a second long adrenaline rush. I'm having trouble getting around it even if I've suceeded a couple of times but those time were under weird circumstances and I don't remember what I did different.

Thanks again, Peter. Your support is very appreciated

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4201
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jun 2015 01:37

Hi, Bob! Welcome to Rebecca Turner's wonderful and amazing site, a baronial lair to the best lucid dreamers in the world! 8-)

Don't worry, you have not been 'lobotomised'. :-D

I experimented with weed a few days ago for an experiment and I can tell you that the drug won't do you any favours when it comes to lucid dreaming. So I finished my stash and now I've been able to focus more and got back to my lucid dreaming practice with success.

Here is a link which you may find useful:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

Also, to avoid the adrenaline pumping and palpitations (this is natural and can happen to any of us, btw, I know exactly what you mean), just relax by focusing on your breathing for a while. Then, you do a type of meditation whereby you focus on a single thing -- object or word/sound -- in your mind. If your mind wanders and you realise you got lost, just patiently bring it back to the thing you were focusing on. The mind will keep wandering and you remain calm and patient and always bringing it back to a single thought (your point of focus). After a while you will experience a shift in consciousness. This is best performed in the morning after a good sleep as part of the wake-back-to-bed technique.

If you are trying to induce a WILD, as soon as strange sensations arise in your field of awareness, amplify them with your mind before you think about moving away from your sleeping-body 'stencil'. To amplify any sensation -- be that sight, sounds, touch or vibrations -- is to quicken your mental world to great depth and realism. Once such sensation peaks, the more likely it is that when you decide to move it will be your phantom body, and not the physical one, that will be shifting and perambulating the dream world; most likely you will find yourself lucidly exploring an inaccurate replica of your bedroom and house.

Don't even think about moving or worry about whether you will do it corporeally or mentally. Just do it (when the time is right)! The sensation of getting out of bed may feel real but this doesn't mean you've ruined the process of inducement. Just get out of bed and test your reality -- you will quickly discover what really surrounds you which will most likely be a dream environment in which you are lucid.

Good luck! 8-)


[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1942
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hello, Bob here. I'm in need of some help

Postby Peter » 22 Jun 2015 08:57

But the question is, when I'm close to entry, I can feel it and as soon as I feel it my body automatically just smashes me back into reality with some kick from the heart. It's like a second long adrenaline rush


Summerlander makes some good points and is speaking from Spencerian as well.

The second kick will be or could be a reaction you are creating from the excitement or intensity of the near entry or entry. Try running those feelings in you mind before they come on as part of the pre-lucid attempt and in time they will just go as you get used to them as you relax more and accept any body change as a signpost that you are about to get lucid.

There is a lot more to offer but would prefer that you find your way and and just post and ask away so we dont ruin the journey and allow you to discover without some text book process that wont do much good in the longterm. Its an intuitive process that is just full of intrigue so go for it and stay in touch
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born


Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests