Lucid dreaming problem

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RickD

Lucid dreaming problem

Postby RickD » 21 Jun 2015 18:57

Hi,
I started Lucid dreaming arround 3 years ago. It went really well i didn't really have a dream journal or any other things but I had a lucid dream once a week. But because of things that happend in real life (depression etc.) I couldn't really continue. When I started doing it again around 9 months ago. I found myself not being able to do it. I got a dream journal and did meditation. Though I couldn't do it anymore. I decided to take a little break. But now I know I'm dreaming but im aware of my own body. I can feel and move it. Though if I move it the dream is gone. I had this before and the real lucid dreams won't come.
I hope somebody here can help me. Because I would love to do it again.
Thanks

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Summerlander

Re: Lucid dreaming problem

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jun 2015 01:19

RickD wrote:But now I know I'm dreaming but im aware of my own body. I can feel and move it. Though if I move it the dream is gone. I had this before and the real lucid dreams won't come.
I hope somebody here can help me. Because I would love to do it again.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum, RickD! If you are trying to induce a WILD, as soon as strange sensations arise in your field of awareness, amplify them with your mind before you think about moving away from your sleeping-body 'stencil'. To amplify any sensation -- be that sight, sounds, touch or vibrations -- is to quicken your mental world to great depth and realism. Once such sensation peaks, the more likely it is that when you decide to move it will be your phantom body, and not the physical one, that will be shifting and perambulating the dream world; most likely you will find yourself lucidly exploring an inaccurate replica of your bedroom and house.

Don't even think about moving or worry about whether you will do it corporeally or mentally. Just do it (when the time is right)! The sensation of getting out of bed may feel real but this doesn't mean you've ruined the process of inducement. Just get out of bed and test your reality -- you will quickly discover what really surrounds you which will most likely be a dream environment in which you are lucid.

I don't know how much you know about meditation and mindfulness, by the way, but here is a link -- about the mind and the management and prolongation of lucid dreams -- which you may find useful:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

Good luck and sweet lucid dreams, buddy! Let me know how you get on and I will try to find the time to coach you if necessary! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RickD

Postby RickD » 22 Jun 2015 21:03

Thank you very much. I'm going to try it in a few hours. I will give an update tomorrow.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Jun 2015 21:09

Brilliant! 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RickD

Postby RickD » 23 Jun 2015 07:07

Nothing really happend tonight :( but I will give an update as soon as anything worth mentioning happens. Seeeee yaaaa

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jun 2015 16:44

Take your time, RickD! No pressure! :-)

- Padmasambhava

RickD

Postby RickD » 02 Jul 2015 07:19

Some time has past and I got very close once but I woke myself up because I wanted to lay in a real bed and not. Dream bed (God I'm stupid ;)). Further I noticed that my dream wants me to get lucid, what I mean is that a lucid dreaming related subject is mostly in my dream. In a dream I had today I asked my granddad and cousin about the movie inception which they just saw and what they tought about it. I came back to this subject a few times but it didn't triger anything. In some dreams people or myself even mention lucid dreaming and we just talk about it. I will keep trying to get lucid dreams and I will give an update when I have one.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jul 2015 09:18

Look out for recurring dream signs like Nolan's 'Inception' or anything to do with lucid dreaming. Stephen LaBerge recommends a nice dream inventory in his Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming. You have noticed the signs in waking life -- remember to notice them in the dream world. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”