Hola!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Reginald

Hola!

Postby Reginald » 23 Jun 2015 06:23

Hi everybody I’m Reg. This is my intro. I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for years, but only got serious recently. I always have many semi lucid dreams where I seem to be aware of the fact that I’m dreaming, but not full out awareness. I took the course on this site and immediately had my first full fledged lucid dream. I was amazed how vivid and detailed it was once I intended to hold onto it. But that was back in April and I haven’t been successful since. I’ve been keeping a journal, and my recall is way up now I usually remember one or two dreams a night, as long as I intend to. I’ve tried some WILD’s but i always just pass out just as the dream is kicking in. :cry: Still a noob, but I want to get really good at this. I’m also reading LaBarge now, so hopefully things will improve. :D

Summerlander

Re: Hola!

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jun 2015 16:28

Hola! :-D

I see you are having trouble maintaining and prolonguing lucid dreams. Here is a link which you may find useful:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Reginald

Postby Reginald » 28 Jun 2015 08:22

Thanks for the link summerlander!
I’ll be sure to try those suggestions. From the one experience I remember having, once I realized I was dreaming I did CARPE SOMNIA MUNDI right away, and it was great. However since then I feel that making that realization is the problem for me. For example I recently had a dream where I knew I was dreaming, because as it was playing out I was thinking of how I would describe it in my journal later when I would awake. Of course upon awakening I was frustrated that I had this awareness, but not the presence of mind to initiate lucidity. I often have this matter of fact recognition that I am asleep, but it has not been advancing to the next step.
I remain optimistic however that if I keep trying eventually it will click. I just need to get there again so I can increase my understanding of the experience.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Jun 2015 21:20

You'll do fine. The main thing is to not beat yourself up about it. Good luck and let me know when progress is made! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”