Please help... first time horrible experience...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
AvengingHunter

Please help... first time horrible experience...

Postby AvengingHunter » 26 Jun 2015 21:27

Hello, all. Before you continue further, I want to say that there are two triggers in this: mentions of rape, and abuse. If you do not wish to read about these, I apologize, but you should not read further. If you think you can handle it, the triggers themselves are no more than a few sentences long, but they kind of contribute to the whole theme of the dream itself.

I decided to come here to explain and ask for help on a very horrible first experience. I used two videos ( the subliminal videos on this website) to help induce a lucid dream for me, and after much waiting to fall asleep... it worked! Gosh, I was so ecstatic, and though this seems like a very happy moment, it went downhill, VERY fast. As I've heard from many people, lucid dreams are extremely vivid, you can feel everything as if you were actually there, and though I would have loved this experience, I didn't get quite what I was expecting.

I don't even remember how the dream started off (and quite frankly, I don't want to know), but somehow I ended up with this psychopath it seemed, and he 'loved me.' Though, if I did something wrong or something he didn't want, he would threaten me and such. Like an abusive relationship. Well, during the dream I was obviously very distressed and desperate to get away from him, but nobody would help me because he had 'eyes' everywhere and they would kill anyone who helped me. Anyways, then came our wedding night and I had a dress that looked like I'm about to describe. ( it was gray, that was fitted in the breast and abdomen area but flared out just a little more at the bottom; like a cinderella dress, but without a giant poof.) and we didn't even have a ceremony that I can remember. It just went straight to the horrible part. He had rented us a... room, that had a single bed in it. He told me to lay down and, well... I think you know what happens next, but he was enjoying it, not me. And thanks to it being mostly lucid, I could feel EVERYTHING as if I was actually being raped. It went on for at least a good few minutes, and I wasn't able to become fully lucid and stop it. So, I just basically forced myself to wake up at that point. I don't know how, but I was able to open my eyes and see my own room. But, it got to the point of feeling so real that I could literally feel the pain... 'down there' and felt as if I was actually crying and whimpering like I was in the dream, but I had no tears when I woke up.

Please, I want to learn how to lucid dream, I really do, but for my first experience, this is kind of chasing me away. I don't want to ever feel that pain again, because it truly did feel like it was happening in the moment. Can anyone give me any tips I can use to make sure this won't happen again, or at least try to keep it from happening?

Thanks!

-Charlie
"It is a good life we lead, brother."
"The best. May it never change."
"And may it never change us."

-Ezio Auditore da Firenze & Federico Auditore da Firenze

Coolguy123

Re: Please help... first time horrible experience...

Postby Coolguy123 » 27 Jun 2015 01:29

I am terribly sorry for your experience. I have a few questions for you though, to avoid of my confusion...Are you a girl or a guy? What's your age? Do you have any real life experiences that might be related to your dream?
"I consider life itself an endless dream"
"To me, imagination is everything"
"Those who say they're normal, are the true weird ones"

AvengingHunter

Postby AvengingHunter » 27 Jun 2015 01:44

Coolguy123 wrote:I am terribly sorry for your experience. I have a few questions for you though, to avoid of my confusion...Are you a girl or a guy? What's your age? Do you have any real life experiences that might be related to your dream?

Thank you for your response and your sympathy. c:
I am a female, 17 years of age and I have not been in an abusive relationship (at least not near to the extent of what this dream was), nor have I been raped. What worried/scared me the most was that when I actually woke up, I felt the pain (like it was in the dream; sharp and horrible) and as if I was crying/whimpering. I've never woken up from a dream and had carried over actual physical feelings from it. (save from crying when a pet died or something)

One thing that may have a small part of it is that I, like most women, have a great fear of being raped, and sometimes it gets so bad that it crosses into paranoia. Maybe that contributes in a way?

Coolguy123

Postby Coolguy123 » 27 Jun 2015 04:36

Hm, well it is a Lucid Dream. What you feel and/experience in it will eventually feel like it happened in reality. But that's just my hunch though, I'm still new. If you want to know more, why don't you ask the Admin? :)

AvengingHunter

Postby AvengingHunter » 27 Jun 2015 04:59

Coolguy123 wrote:Hm, well it is a Lucid Dream. What you feel and/experience in it will eventually feel like it happened in reality. But that's just my hunch though, I'm still new. If you want to know more, why don't you ask the Admin? :)

I probably will, and no problem! I'm quite new, too!
I'll try and contact her, but I won't get myself excited for a response just yet! (:

Thank you, again, Coolguy123! <3 c:

Coolguy123

Postby Coolguy123 » 27 Jun 2015 05:07

Ehehe, no problem. :mrgreen:
And please, call me Koji. :)

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 30 Jun 2015 02:09

AvengingHunter,
I'm sorry your had such a frightening lucid dream, with realistic, painful sensations. Even though this was a lucid dream, I suggest that you could try some approaches used for working with various kinds of nightmares, whetewr they are in non-lucid or lucid dreams.
I suggest the following resources --

- Article - "Getting Rid Of Repeating Nightmares ..." - huffingtonpost.com

- Lucidity Institute - lucidity.com - "Chapter 10: Overcoming Nightmares"

- Article - "What Is Guided Imagery?" - Health Journeys healthjourneys.com

- Health Journeys - Blog Home - blog - healthjourneys.com
See Categories in right column. Belleruth Naparstec answers numerous questions anxiety, addictions, depression, PTSD and related stress and wellness topics

- YouTube - videos by Belleruth Naparstek - such as interview
" Survivors Of Trauma And How They Heal - NICABM

- Consider taking a class in martial arts, or at least take a look at some YouTube videos about self defense for women, and practice with a partner.

- YouTube - "Women's Self Defense: Soft Targets"
- YouTube - "Women's Self Defense - Rape Defense"
Also, lions and tigers chomp down on an animal's wind pipe - very effective! Humans in extreme self defense situations can do this to.

I''ll bet that if you at practice some of these strategies in your imagination, and/or along with practicing Avenging Hunter powerful battle movements, many of your fears may decrease in your waking and dream life.

- Best Wishes - jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Aug 2015 17:04

Hi, I hope you don't allow this dream to put you off of LD, it may of been just a once of horrible LD. I think most of us strike a horrid one sooner or later.

And yes one can feel severe pain in a LD or even when in between sleep and a fully awake state due to a dream. I once tried to fly in a dream and fell onto concrete in it when I tried, breaking my ribs in the dream, I was then in agonising pain... boy did that one really hurt. I haven't tried flying since and its been 2 years since I did that fly in the LD attempt.

I've since though early this year.. had a LD in which I allowed zombies to eat me alive just so I could try to get over my fear of being hurt in a dream which I got from the flying fall. I managed to allow them to eat me without it hurting, so I may give flying another go at some point.

Give LD another go. You may of just got unlucky for your first attempt. (try not to think about it when you have your next LD or think about nice things).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”