Panic Panic PAAAANIIIICCCCC. srsly need help here...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Indoril Nerevar

Panic Panic PAAAANIIIICCCCC. srsly need help here...

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 28 Jun 2015 09:30

I remember my first lucid dream. Did everything by the letter and had one issue in every dream till today...
I even established control during sleep paralysis and floated out the window but...

Whenever I am lucid, I start to panic that I don't have enough time to dream for some reason. I've tried
mnemonics for it i.e: 'I will not worry about waking up, I will not worry about waking up'.

The interesting thing is, I will spend about atleast an hour dreaming non-lucidly and I've gotten pretty good
at it. If anybody wants to know how, just fall asleep while meditating on your breath, does the trick everytime.

Anyway, what do you guys suggest for my little problem?
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

jasmine2

Re: Panic Panic PAAAANIIIICCCCC. srsly need help here...

Postby jasmine2 » 29 Jun 2015 23:44

It seems very common for new lucid dreamers to concentrate much energy and enthusiasm on their lucid dreaming goals, and to be rather disappointed with "ordinary" non-lucid dreams, which may actually contain useful information and insights.

You say you start to panic that you don't have enough time to dream. I suggest - just relax and feel encouraged and thankful that you are remembering quite a few dreams, including some lucid dreams.

It is very helpful to keep a dream journal, and to spend time trying to associate the often puzzling contents of non-lucid and lucid dreams with real life situations, social interactions and emotions.

Most people spend a third of their lives asleep. So, you have years of upcoming sleep time in which to experience dreaming, including intermittent lucid dreams.

Even though lucid dreamers may learn to control some elements of the dream, ultimately it is the deep awareness behind the dreaming which is the creative source of the great variety of learning experiences in the dream world.

It might be helpful to, during some quiet time when you're awake, relax into a meditative state and imagine what it would feel like to have a conversation with the awareness behind the dream. You could ask questions about how to interpret certain dream symbols or characters, or anything about any dream-related or other life experience. This may help to improve your intuitive sense and may also help to incubate the appearance of wise helpers in your dreams.

Best wishes.

Indoril Nerevar

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 30 Jun 2015 03:04

I have a dream journal that almost gets filled with atleast one dream per day so I guess I have some progress in that area.Although this awareness you're talking about, do you mean the inner voice that constantly tries to disturb the meditative state by bringing up topics to think think think about or the subconscious behind the dream? and do you mean just when I have finally quieted down the inner voice do I just think about what I wanna ask or something like that?

Thanks for the reply :)
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Jun 2015 14:43

I replied to your post in 'Carpe Somnia Mundi: Protracting Lucid Dreams'. ;-)

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Aug 2015 18:00

Indoril Nerevar wrote:
Whenever I am lucid, I start to panic that I don't have enough time to dream for some reason. I've tried
mnemonics for it i.e: 'I will not worry about waking up, I will not worry about waking up'.

You are going about this in a completely wrong manner as via the words you are using there, you are actually helping program yourself to do exactly what you don't want to do, that being wake up.. as the words "waking up" is in that affirmation (the subconsciousness will pick up on those "waking up" words even if you have the words "I will not" there. Every word said in the line is important and the subconsciousness will take on.

You should change this to something like "I will stay in a deep sleep" and focus on that rather then have your focus on "waking up".. you also had the word "worry" in that programming too...so thinking about worry will then cause further worry too. You should be thinking words like "calm" and "peace" and saying those to yourself. "I am peaceful" "I am calm" "I calmly lucid dream" etc
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”