My favorite WILD technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jakob

My favorite WILD technique

Postby Jakob » 29 Jun 2015 16:25

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce you to the WILD technique that works best for me. Basically whenever I enter Sleep Paralysis after a WBTB period, the chances are close to 100% that I'll have a lucid dream, thanks to this technique. It is actually a WBTB-WILD combination, but with a very specific visualization method. Now some people might disagree with certain parts of this tutorial, so that's why I say in advance that this is my personal favorite technique, and what works for me might not work for everyone else. In any case, this is how I do it.

1.) I sleep for about 5 - 6 hours. Then I get out of bed, and stay awake for only a few minutes (not too long). This period needs to be just so much that it doesn't completely awaken me and prevent me from easily falling asleep, but it also can't be too short so that I'll fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. This is very important, because my mind needs to be aware as my body drifts into REM.

2.) After this short period, I go back to bed. I lay down either on my left or right side, simply because using this technique when laying on my back has not worked for me so far. Now I close my eyes and relax. I focus on my body and try to really feel my entire body. I especially concentrate on my head. This is key for me. I try to focus on my entire skull.

3.) What I think about while focusing on my body is not entering a Lucid Dream, but entering Sleep Paralysis instead. After a couple of minutes, I sense a feeling of heaviness over my entire body. This feeling starts to become stronger in my head as I drift further into sleep. At this point I concentrate on my head and on all the heaviness that I experience. A few moments later I will feel intense pressure in my head along with noises and vibrating sensations, and at this point, I will already be in Sleep Paralysis.

4.) I am now in Sleep Paralysis. I can't move. I experience the feeling of my head vibrating strongly and sometimes even banging against the pillow. There is also an extremely loud noise, kind of like a machine gun going off near my head. Sometimes I feel vibrations throughout my entire body during this, and especially around my hip area. A long time ago I had to keep reminding myself that this is not real and can't hurt me, but now I just find it funny. While my head is vibrating like crazy and this loud noise banging into my years, I do the following, which is Step 5.

5.) I visualize exactly what I would see if I were to open my eyes in real life. This means that I focus exactly on the position I fell asleep in, and I visualize what object or objects I would see from this perspective if I were to open my eyes to get out of bed. In other words, I try to see THROUGH my eyelids. If I am on my right side, I would see my wall after waking up. If I am on my left side, I would see lots of other things, such as my closet, chair, lamp, window, and so on and so forth. So while all of this (SP + Vibrations & Noises) is occurring, I visualize seeing my room from the exact position/perspective that I fell asleep in, and I think about nothing else.

6.) Maybe 10 to 15 seconds later, the image of my bedroom becomes more and more vivid. I start to see it literally become alive. A few moments later, the noise and vibrations disappear, and the image becomes extremely vivid - in other words completely real. At this point, I simply "feel" that I am there, and I move my dream body. I move, and I get up out of bed. I am now in a dream!

Important things to note:

- Once you're in Sleep Paralysis, do not let your mind wander. Focus on seeing your room through your eyelids and think about nothing else. You visualize seeing your room from your physical point of view. You do not visualize any movement. Needless to say, you don't visualize anything from a third person perspective either.

- Always do a reality check after "waking up" from a "failed WILD." Many false awakenings can occur during these attempts, so if you think you failed to enter a dream, do a reality check to make sure.

- Do not be scared by Sleep Paralysis. It cannot harm you in any way. Remind yourself over and over again that the hallucinations you experience are not real. At this point you should be happy about the fact that a lucid dream is only a few seconds away.

- If you have never experienced Sleep Paralysis then you probably won't have much success with this technique, but it doesn't hurt to try.

- Do not attempt this at the beginning of the night, because that would be completely useless. You are not entering REM at the beginning of the night. You should sleep for 5 or 6 hours, as I said in the beginning.

- Don't be discouraged if it doesn't work on the first try.

And that's what I have to say about WILDing. As far as WILDs are concerned, this is the best method for me. I really have an extremely high success rate with it. As I said in the beginning of my post, whenever I enter SP after a WBTB period, the chances are close to 100% that I will have a lucid dream using this method.

I'd love to see some people try it and report back. Good luck.

Jakob

TechHeadSteve

Re: My favorite WILD technique

Postby TechHeadSteve » 06 Jul 2015 20:04

Sounds interesting & I shall give this a try, have only experienced sleep paralysis once, recently, but as I knew what it was it was fine. Wasn't aware it was something that could be brought on.

Obviously time is a mostly unknown factor but do you have any idea of what kind of time this all takes you?
Peace & Love

InceptionTravel

Postby InceptionTravel » 02 Mar 2016 22:09

Great article! Thank you.

Any advice for lucid dreaming without waking out hours later?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

JassieKaren

Postby JassieKaren » 16 Mar 2016 17:05

Thank You so much! This article helped me get back on track. I was able to experience sleep paralysis almost immediately by concentrating on my head. It's been rough for me lucid dreaming recently and I am really thankful to come across your helpful article. Great tips and advice :D
Dare to Explore. Even in your wildest dreams.

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 07 Jun 2016 23:50

I'm certainly going to try this! I tend to naturally wake up after 5-6 hours of sleep, but I always either fall right back to sleep without noticing SP or I get myself too awake that I can't go back to sleep. I've also noticed that when SP starts, for me it's like a heaviness, a tingling, but then my heart starts racing because I think "this is it! Here we go!" and then I wake up out of it. I cannot seem to just relax into it and let it take over!! Maybe by just staying awake for a few minutes I'll remain relaxed enough... hmmmm. Will try this tonight! Thank you for sharing!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 22 Jul 2016 19:58

Fascinating! I couldn't ever experience SP cuz my adrenaline rushes when I get close to it, I dunno why I always have this voice inside my head: "Dementors are cominggggg...!" :lol: and I just get to restart the whole process.
I really should try this method, btw, will it work if I lay on my stomach? It's most likely I fall asleep easier that way.
Thanks a lot and sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

indigo_apple

Postby indigo_apple » 22 Aug 2016 09:27

OMG I didn't know other people did this!!!

The first time I had a WILD was before I knew what it was, but it was through this technique that it happened. Crazy shit.

It's definitely been effective for me since then, in fact, my favorite WILD technique

LucidAlice

Postby LucidAlice » 27 Sep 2016 19:42

Sorry, I'm late ^^

Thanks for that posting. The thing is; I am very scared of having a sleep paralysis :(
I'm a very scared person generally lol and I heard a lot of storys from people having sleep paralysis and finding it very very scary and I know I'd be scared to death. Thats the reason why I never get there by using WILD or any oder technique probably because my mind holds me back even though I try to relax. This wont work for people like me right? And no, I don't know how to get rid of that fear, thats simply me :lol:
Moving my dream body will be kinda scary too, I know myself very well lol but being interested in it since I can think makes me think that I should keep trying somehow... Can you give me some advices maybe? ;)

Thanks in advance, I read your post very interested :!:

Greetings,
(Sorry, this is Alice from Germany :lol: )

Dane

Postby Dane » 05 Oct 2016 09:12

LucidAlice wrote:The thing is; I am very scared of having a sleep paralysis

hey alice, why do you not try to solely induce SP ?
without any intension of Wild.
this so you can get used to the hallucinations.
you know you can cancel SP, even after the paralysis ?

There is nothing to fear.
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

LucidAlice

Postby LucidAlice » 07 Oct 2016 20:14

Hi,

Well I don't know this tecnique. If it works to me it would be great to know.
Can you give me the common pronountiation for this tequenice so that I can google it or could you give me advice?

Thanks

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”