How to get back assemblage point?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Gene

How to get back assemblage point?

Postby Gene » 30 Jun 2015 11:00

What if you lost your asseblage point? How to get it back on its place? Waiting for your advices!

Summerlander

Re: How to get back assemblage point?

Postby Summerlander » 30 Jun 2015 14:11

Assemblage point? Sounds like Castanedan jiggery-pokery to me. :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Gene

Postby Gene » 30 Jun 2015 15:28

Summerlander wrote:Assemblage point? Sounds like Castanedan jiggery-pokery to me. :mrgreen:

You think it doesnt exist?

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 30 Jun 2015 22:51

What is that?
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jul 2015 00:13

It's hocus-pocus. Carlos Castaneda was a fiction writer and these 'energies' that are supposed to affect our bodies and moods are nowhere to be found. There is no empirical evidence, none whatsoever, so, why should I believe or even entertain the idea? :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 01 Jul 2015 06:21

Carlos Castaneda was a controversial trickster figure. Especially after his death, there were reports about the negative side of his personality and his secretive, tight-knit, cult group of followers.

See article - "The Dark Legacy Of Carlos Castaneda" - salon.com - by Robert Marshall

Nevertheless, even if Castaneda got most of his ideas about his alleged encounters with a group of Toltec tradition wise people in Mexico from his research at the UCLA anthropology library, I still think many ideas in his books are intriguing and valuable.

Regarding Castaneda's discussions about "the assemblage point" - I think the concept of the assemblage point has some similarities to the subtle body energy theories of the chakra system and acupuncture medicine practices. The assemblage point may be related to the interrelationship between one's body awareness and sense-of-self in the outer (consensus reality) world and inner subjective world.

The assemblage point may be a sort of mandala center point of psycho-physical energy organized around a complex set of sensations, memories, habits, and beliefs about what constitutes inner-outer reality, and an individual's sense of relative limitation or freedom regarding what humanly possible to perceive and experience.

The following website lists numerous quotations from most of Carlos Castaneda's, and there are several references to to the assemblage point.
- "Notes On The Works Of Carlos Castaneda" - kodasplace.com - by Koda.

I think Castaneda's book - "The Art Of Dreaming" has interesting discussions about lucid dreaming and dreaming while awake.

Author, Robert Moss also writes about conscious dreaming - mossdreams.blogspot.com

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Aug 2015 03:26

Thank you, I'm checking out Mr Moss right now! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”