sleep paralysis while listening to astral traveling CD

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Nickfan40

sleep paralysis while listening to astral traveling CD

Postby Nickfan40 » 01 Jul 2015 17:13

A few days ago, I bought an astral projection CD from www.dicksutphen.com; I've been using it since then.

Last night, as I was going to sleep, I felt like I was choking on something. I kept trying to swallow, but it wouldn't go down. I got up, turned off the Cd, and put on a comedy CD that I had. I got back to sleep without any more trouble.

I was suffering from hypnagogic/predormital sleep paralysis. I had it a long time ago when I had sleep disorders. Maybe I should listen to my relaxation Cd before going to bed or go to sleep a little earlier. That's what some people say causes it. I am not on any ADHD drugs or any other ones, nor do I have narcolepsy or leg cramps, just stress and not a set bedtime.

astrovineyard

Re: sleep paralysis while listening to astral traveling CD

Postby astrovineyard » 09 Jul 2015 15:38

Was the choking the only symptom? Usually to call it sleep paralysis there needs to be paralysis, right?

Your "choking" could have been a breathing blockage or apnea. Was your incident accompanied by sudden extreme panic and dread, and the need to escape from the condition? Why was it so important, for that matter, that you swallowed at that point? Once in a while even I find I can't swallow on the first or second try, even when awake during the day.

Jayd

Postby Jayd » 05 Oct 2015 10:11

If you experienced SP while trying to project, you were half way there. Its a very good sign that the body has fallen asleep, while part of you stayed awake. Next time you get SP, and you want to project, just stay calm, and embrace the SP. Keep focus on your breathing, ignore any feeling, or even visions of something in the room. (I know easier said then done) till you start to feel a vibration through your body. That will be your exit sign. If you find you are still paralyzed when you try to get up, again just stay calm, and try to envision your body being filled with helium. You should rise right out.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Oct 2015 12:34

It isn't unusual to feel actual energy blocks when doing anything involving ones energetic body (that includes astral projection), the choking feeling could of been caused by a blocked throat chakra. I hope this isn't the case for you as it could then keep reincurring until the block is cleared.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”