How should I be writing in my dream journal?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
patsta

How should I be writing in my dream journal?

Postby patsta » 04 Jul 2015 02:19

When I wake up from dreaming, I usually remember like bits and fragments of ~4 different "stories" with different settings and plots. It takes me around 10 minutes just to write about every one because there are so many different things going on in each. The journal entries are always very plot-heavy so I write about mainly what happened, who did what, reactions, etc. but lacking in feelings/ setting, etc. The thing is I feel like I'm testing my memory more than my awareness, and it is exhausting to record everything. Should I just focus on 1 story/ scene and try to zone in on the details/ sensations, or should I continue to write down every detail of the plots?
Thanks

Ypoua

Re: How should I be writing in my dream journal?

Postby Ypoua » 04 Jul 2015 05:15

You don't need to write every dream you have in a night down but you should be doing at least one a night. So yes if you're struggling to write everything down just concentrate on one dream. I recommend that you just bullet point things that just happened in the dream. The important things you should really be including is where were you, who was there with you, what emotions you were feeling, what you were doing and anything odd or unusual that you think it might be best to write down. You don't need to include the whole storyline just the main parts and the things mentioned above should do fine. It's probably best you do concentrate on emotions and settings rather than the storyline

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”