Does lucid sex count as masturbation??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Krispy

Does lucid sex count as masturbation??

Postby Krispy » 06 Jul 2015 05:08

I was thinking about it and technically you're stimulating yourself right?

LU3K

Re: Does lucid sex count as masturbation??

Postby LU3K » 06 Jul 2015 08:59

Mental masturbation i guess not sure
Lucid dreams: 3
Dreams Per night: 3 - 5

I'm knowledgable from research but not from experience aha.

:D

Indoril Nerevar

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 06 Jul 2015 18:20

:|
When you think about it, your head does have an active stargate to another world when you dream...
So...no....I think. You are in the end having sex with somebody even if it is somebody you created...
It's like putting yourself in the place of the God particle. You create yourself and everything around you is made up of you and you are humping parts of you that you created...

Not helping am I? Food for thought :P
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 08 Jul 2015 14:00

Indoril Nerevar wrote::|
When you think about it, your head does have an active stargate to another world when you dream...
So...no....I think. You are in the end having sex with somebody even if it is somebody you created...
It's like putting yourself in the place of the God particle. You create yourself and everything around you is made up of you and you are humping parts of you that you created...

Nah pretty sure it's just mental masturbation

Krispy

Postby Krispy » 15 Jul 2015 16:03

Jigsaw79 wrote:
Indoril Nerevar wrote::|

Nah pretty sure it's just mental masturbation

:lol: Hahaha! You guys are funny!

EDIT: Would you look at that this is the 10,000th post in this board!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jul 2015 17:40

We have thoroughly discussed something pertinent to this topic a long time ago. It was mainly about the question of fidelity in lucid dreamers who have a spouse but have sex with dreamers characters in lucid dreams. Check it out:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14450

I personally think you do whatever you like in your own mental world. It belongs to you. The dream world is your private 'space'. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Krispy

Postby Krispy » 15 Jul 2015 21:56

Oh wow interesting read! Yeah if I were married I think I'd avoid doing that honestly. I'd really want my wife to know I'm hers only and wouldn't really feel honest saying that if I satisfied desire for others in any way.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jul 2015 00:46

Do you suppress a desire for others, though?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 16 Jul 2015 01:11

Krispy wrote:Oh wow interesting read! Yeah if I were married I think I'd avoid doing that honestly. I'd really want my wife to know I'm hers only and wouldn't really feel honest saying that if I satisfied desire for others in any way.

What if when you had dream sex, it was with your wife?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jul 2015 09:20

But it wouldn't be his wife; it would be a product of his subconscious mind--a dream simulacrum of his other half. By his logic, if he had dream sex with a figure identical to his wife, he should feel just as guilty as he would if he did it in the real world with someone who looks like his wife. He wouldn't be able to excuse himself by saying, 'Honey, I had sex with her but that's okay because she's the spitting image of you.'

Understandably, though, his wife would not be fazed if his wife-like lover is only a dream character. But why should she be upset if his dream character is completely different from her? It is his mind and he is entitled to be imaginative. It is human nature to feel sexually attracted to strangers--it is this feeling, after all, that probably brought you and your partner together--and to deny this is to deny what makes you human. I am not advocating adultery, I am merely raising awareness of the fact that the power to perceive sex appeal beyond one's loving spouse is there as something natural. It's biology.

Before anyone disagrees, think about the need for couples to 'spice things up' in the bedroom after a while in their relationship. Think about the fantasies where they pretend to be other people... It is an outlet for that feeling--that lust! You may love your partner and nobody else, but, lust is applicable to all. The key to handle it is not suppression (this is unhealthy). The solution isn't adultery either. And if your partner isn't into imaginative fantasies, there is always lucid dreaming (which is yours and no-one else's). It is mental masturbation! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”