HAD MY FIRST LUCID DREAM!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LU3K

HAD MY FIRST LUCID DREAM!

Postby LU3K » 07 Jul 2015 00:14

So pretty much i was trying a partial WBTB but not really i went to sleep normally and had a normal boring dream and when i woke up i tried to figure out what i could of noticed to get lucid but after that i fell asleep again i had a DILD but the weird thing was there was not really anything to spark the lucidity like something weird in 3rd person me or someone got out of shower and randomly decided to do the finger through palm rc and it worked and my mind was like shit try another one and held my nose and it worked so after i realised i laid there with my eyes clothes trying to let the scene create itself sort of so i wouldn't go crazy create a scene and wake up after the scene was made it became vivid but the tiniest bit blurry like i wasn't completely in control but it was still awesome anyways i was in a garden of my house, the house looked familiar but the garden was random / the street looked a little familiar aswell, anyways i walked out the front and talked to these to DC people out the front of another house can't really remember the conversation but i remember saying good morning, anyways after talking i decided to try spawn something so i closed my eyes and imagined a harley motorbike and it worked, the dream characters warned me not to ride it as im too young? but anyways i rode it too a familiar park and i crashed but i landed and i was like well that wasn't so bad, after that.. oh lemme stop here i was telling myself like every 10 seconds i was dreaming in my head so i would stay lucid it didn't help i think i was ment to say it out loud.... but anyways after the crash i decided to change the colour of the grass to blue to start slow but soon as i did it the scene became black ish and i could only see strands of grass sort of, i tried to tell myself im dreaming and it went back to normal but i couldn't change the colour of grass, i walked around in the park and a friend from my soccer team came up to me and started talking to me i can't remember that conversation but i tried to change his shirt to blue but it started changing colours non stop.. so i gave up on that, anyways my stupid mind thought it'd be cool to walk into a strip club so i tried to teleport the scene straight too a strip club by spinning around and thinking the scene but i just woke up.. all in all i think i did pretty good i was really calm when i realised i was lucid i pretty much said oh i'm lucid dreaming. :D :D
Lucid dreams: 3
Dreams Per night: 3 - 5

I'm knowledgable from research but not from experience aha.

:D

taniaaust1

Re: HAD MY FIRST LUCID DREAM!

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 05:00

Some hints to avoid issues which could happen in future.

randomly decided to do the finger through palm rc and it worked and my mind was like shit try another one and held my nose and it worked

You risked possibly loosing a LD by doing this. I suggest when you go to do a reality check to be very clear in your mind that if it shows something obviously not possible in real life, to immediately clearly strongly accept you are in a dream. eg know in your mind strong that if a finger goes through a hand that you are certainly dreaming.

When a person decides they need to do another reality check right after one has already shown them they are dreaming, its sending out a bit of doubt to your subconsciousness as it means you are starting to allow yourself to wonder if your experience is really a dream or not. It sends out a lack of trust in what you know and are experiencing.

Due to the sending out of the doubt, it means the second reality check is more likely to fail and when that happens it tends to make the person have further doubts on their first reality check which showed it was a dream. So I really suggest to have it strong in your mind before you do a reality check that if it shows you are dreaming, completely believe it and don't try doing another reality check to prove you are. You were lucky the second reality check also showed you were dreaming.

.. oh lemme stop here i was telling myself like every 10 seconds i was dreaming in my head so i would stay lucid it didn't help i think i was ment to say it out loud

Sometimes just thinking that will work for a person while others do find it better to say it out loud or even shout out they are dreaming. There is no right way or wrong way, its about what works best for you and the only way you will know that is via trying different things out.

so i tried to teleport the scene straight too a strip club by spinning around and thinking the scene but i just woke up..

When a person spins it disconnects the person from the current dream surroundings and that in turn can cause many people to loose their dream and drop out of LD as their sense of dream sight may of been helping hold them in the dream. (others spontaneously can bring dreams back in well after a spin and hence aren't affected by spinning. I suggest you don't do any spinning in your dreams seeing it causes you to drop out and instead make sure you stay aware of your dream surroundings to keep you stable in your LD).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”