WTF does this mean???!!!

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jackson

WTF does this mean???!!!

Postby Jackson » 07 Jul 2015 00:27

Hello. I recently had an interesting, non-lucid dream that involved mathematics and the lottery. I am not a lucid dreamer, and normally remember my dreams once a week. Anyway, the dream I had last night was very intriguing, and frankly very puzzling, so if anyone could offer any clarity as to what it means, that would be very helpful;

I am standing in an unidentifiable room, looking at a lottery ticket. On it are the numbers 1 5 12 22 and 35, in that order. I knew that these were winning numbers, and so I decided to go claim my money at the store. I threw the ticket in my backpack, and went outside. It was raining so I ran on my way to the store. Once I was there I took the ticket out of my bag and showed it to the clerk. As I take it out of my bag, I notice that the bar code is damaged, and a wave of anxiety floods over me. I hand over the ticket to the clerk anyway, and they say that they cannot validate this ticket so I'm afraid it won't count. Now I am saying the numbers on it over and over again, as I have a strong feeling that these numbers will win again. After that, I wake up, and write down the numbers as soon as I can. Upon considering it, I realize that not very many lotteries actually have 5 numbers, so when I get to work, I start doing some research and find out that the NHL lottery (National Hockey League) has 5 numbers. So I go out and buy the ticket, put down the numbers, and when it was scanned, the machine immediately said I was a winner. Sadly, it turns out that it was a two part lottery, and the part I won got me two dollars, not the 100,000 I was hoping for. Anyway, I started researching the numbers to see if those numbers had one any lotteries recently. Surprisingly, I found that these numbers were actually part of a mathematical sequence called pentagonal numbers. I had never heard of this sequence before, and I would like to know whether or not dreaming of it is significant in any way. Thank you for your time, and I hope you can help me out :) .

TL;DR: I dreamed some lottery numbers and tried them in real life and they didn't work, I looked them up and they turned out to be part of a mathematical sequence called pentagonal numbers I had never heard of. Help interpret plz.

Jackson

Re: WTF does this mean???!!!

Postby Jackson » 13 Jul 2015 18:59

Don't be afraid to say anything, even if it seems far fetched, or even if what you heard might have been from an unreliable source. I am looking for any kind of explanation.

jasmine2

Re: WTF does this mean???!!!

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Jul 2015 01:15

It's interesting that the number sequence you saw in your dream at least won you $2 in the lottery. Maybe if you practice asking your dreaming mind for other winning numbers, you'll eventually get luckier. Just don't get too wild and crazy buying lottery tickets.

Regarding designs using pentagonal numbers - I suggest -
- A brief article - "pentagonal fractal - mathforum.org"

Also - Google - Images for -
- "pentagonal fractals"

- "pentagonal star fire color fractal"
This looks like an intriguing energy being that could show up in a lucid dream. I wonder what it would say if the dreamer tried to engage it in conversation.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”