dream questions about soul

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
masha

dream questions about soul

Postby masha » 07 Jul 2015 14:33

I just had my second lucid dream in about 2 weeks. This one was not as clear as the previous one, however I remember the important parts. I remembered in the dream about asking the dream questions (Richard Waggoner's suggestion) and so was greeted by an old cleaning lady opening this old wooden gothic door. In this foyer I asked what she represents, this mumbling voice came from above, but I found it hard to understand. Finally this middle aged lady came to me (my dream guide) and she explained that the cleaner represents my patience towards people... I guess something I need to work on. Then she told me I had written a book in a past life but she was unclear and then I forgot the name and title. I proceeded to ask her to take me to the wise ones in my dream, so we went to this hill and I flew up and saw a beautiful vista with blue towers everywhere in the traditional Russian style. Then she came to me and told me the bulls (tores she said I think) were to the right. I flew there and saw them sitting 4 in a row, most of them blue and shiny. They were people wearing bull heads as far as I knew. I asked them about the soul and if we continue to exist after we die, and to my dismay they answered that although there is a source/soul, we need the physical form to exist. This really upset me and then I drifted off into a normal dream. Anyone else had anything similar?

Summerlander

Re: dream questions about soul

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jul 2015 15:43

What a beautiful and interesting dream. I see beautiful gardens, mystical forests, and, sometimes, multicoloured cities. I also experience the mumbling voice from dream characters. When that happens I ask them to be clearer.

If you are interested in the mystery of consciousness and the possibility of souls and the afterlife, you might find this link useful. It provides different perspectives on the subject:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16533

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

masha

Postby masha » 07 Jul 2015 15:57

Thank you, Summerlander.

That's why i got upset, because I have been researching a lot for the past year about consciousness (esp. from non-materialist scientists on quantum nature of consciousness and also near death experiences). But perhaps the Bulls represent my own doubt/fears and these are just thrown back at me. Interesting that I was seeking someone else as the 'wise one' rather than trusting myself. I asked the same question in the last dream, and this lady told me we only remain living for 2 hours after death, which was odd. Perhaps I need to stop obsessing and see what unveils.

Thank you for the tip about asking to be clearer, I will keep that in mind. ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jul 2015 21:13

No problem.

Consciousness is undoubtedly one of the greatest mysteries which interrelates with the other great mystery of there being something rather than nothing. My topic, 'The Shocking Truth', doesn't have an answer, only views and theories from laypeople and experts alike. The experts, as you must have noticed, seem unable to reach a consensus. They simply don't know.

I am inclined to adopt the materialistic stance based on compelling neuroscientific evidence and often hear myself saying that there is no afterlife when such matters are discussed. However, perhaps what seems to be, isn't. I could be totally wrong. If consciousness survives physical death, I will be very surprised.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 05:14

I suggest to don't allow yourself to be upset by answers given to you during dreams as you cant really trust the messages you get during them without having very clear knowing (a psychic level thing) coming in too supporting whatever message one gets.

Dreams are just the subconsciousness expressing and is tainted by your own fears and views of things both conscious and subconscious.

It is also extremely confusing as the subconsciousness doesn't even express itself in the same language as we do and everything seen and said by it etc is expressed in symbolism so its easy for most people to get very confused on what its expressing by taking things literally . eg a person may be told in their dream that they are going to have a new baby and take this literally when in fact what is meant is that something new eg a hobby or whatever, is about to come into their life or be started.

To comment on your dream and what I know about the subconsciousness and symbolism, I will say that middle aged ladies do not usually represent wisdom or a source from where wise advice comes from, so don't trust at all getting any answers about the soul from this part of your subconsciousness represented by that lady.

cleaning ladies usually represent a person clearing up their life or their ideas (eg it could be like trying to get rid of old beliefs) in some way or wanting to do this.. or may represent a letting go of the past.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”