How do I detach from myself? Need advice.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Indoril Nerevar

How do I detach from myself? Need advice.

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 10 Jul 2015 21:23

Remember that feeling you get when you're lying down and meditating for about 20mins and your whole body starts tingling? I experienced that and figured that it was time to initiate an OOBE. I didn't know whether I was in sleep paralysis or not but I tried to imagine the maximized version of that feeling and imagined how it would feel if I had manual control over my astral body and I then kinda pulled myself from out of my back like with telekinesis or something...idk. Anyway, that tingling sensation increased by a whole lot, I tried keeping my breath steady and resumed but then I couldn't get myself out fully and the whole tingling feeling faded away. Did an RC just to make sure :| and I was back in the real world.
Till what point should I keep meditating/concentrating to get SP or if I did wait till the right time how can I detach myself from my physical body?
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Summerlander

Re: How do I detach from myself? Need advice.

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jul 2015 00:49

Check out Michael Raduga's The Phase - A Practical Guidebook, which is available online as a free download. In there you will find several ways in which you can separate.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Indoril Nerevar

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 11 Jul 2015 19:23

Oooh, just finished reading the techniques, cannot WAIT to try em out :mrgreen:
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jul 2015 23:07

Cool! There is a diagram on page, erm, 222 (I think). The algorithm to 'enter the phase'. It's really useful. You can't go wrong there! Good luck! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”