How do I recover completely forgotten dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob46719

How do I recover completely forgotten dreams?

Postby Jacob46719 » 14 Jul 2015 05:12

Is there a standard list of keywords to look at or something?
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

jasmine2

Re: How do I recover completely forgotten dreams?

Postby jasmine2 » 15 Jul 2015 01:02

I rarely remember a forgotten dream, once it's really gone. However, a couple of days ago, I was puttering around the house, getting ready to cook breakfast, when I happened to noticed a hammer hanging on my tool rack. This instantly triggered a memory of a dream I had that morning, just before awakening. In the dream, I was being chased by a strange man. I turned around to face him and realized I had a hammer in my hand, and started chasing the bad guy while waving the hammer. I wish I had remembered more of the dream, but I was very impressed that when I just glanced at the real life hammer, I instantly remembered this dream fragment.

When I get lazy about keeping up with my dream journal, I start having much difficulty remembering dreams. However, I try to keep even just a small note pad and a pencil at bedside. Then, during the night, if I partially wake up with even a fragment of a dream memory, I may get enough gumption to reach for the note pad. Then, while it's dark, I scribble a minimal, wiggly figure of something that catches my attention in the dream - an object, animal, person, building, plant, fire, hill - anything - plus maybe just one word, like - scared, happy, confused, curious - if I'm aware of some mental state in the dream. In the morning, if I look at the scribble on the note pad, this may trigger a longer memory of the dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”