Slightly lucid and point of lucidity (PLEASE HELP)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dthompson321

Slightly lucid and point of lucidity (PLEASE HELP)

Postby dthompson321 » 15 Jul 2015 00:32

So today I think I just had what was my first lucid dream. I've been working on lucid dreaming for months now and have had dreams ABOUT lucid dreaming but I wasn't actually lucid. Anyways, today I believe I did a DILD during my afternoon nap. All I remember about the point of becoming lucid is that something seemed very odd in my dream so I asked myself if I was asleep and I figured I was. I didn't do a physical reality check, though. So after realizing that I was dreaming it didn't make everything all clear and stuff. I felt like I was fighting with myself to not lose lucidity and I had to scream "This is a dream" over and over before I finally felt like I was slightly lucid. Then in my dream I was in a 10 story sky scraper and I don't remember the details of it though it felt like it was in the middle east because of the environment it was in. I remember saying out loud "Show me my worst fear" and it played like a movie on a TV screen but I couldn't understand what was going on in the movie because it seemed to blurry or I just wasn't paying attention. Then I went right outside the building a found my girlfriend and we had a few words to each other then wee went in to kiss. But right before our lips touched she disappeared in my arms and then I noticed a dust storm coming so I went back inside. I think I started losing lucidity after that and soon woke up.

So my questions are:
1) Why does it feel so hard to gain clarity after realizing I'm dreaming for me? I've felt that experience probably twice before but only today have I actually achieved temporary clarity.
2) What does it mean that my girlfriend disappeared right in my arms? Does it mean I'm afraid of losing her?

Anyways, all help is appreciated. Thanks.

TechHeadSteve

Re: Slightly lucid and point of lucidity (PLEASE HELP)

Postby TechHeadSteve » 15 Jul 2015 22:23

Well first off congrats, sounds like you've got there.

My first lucid only lasted around 30 seconds, to the point of realising I was lucid, being very excited & then waking up.
Re you GF disappearing, for me on the few occasions I have been lucid I have had no characters at all around me. In fact it's something I want to work on next time, so I wouldn't give it any concerned thoughts.
Peace & Love

emmaisnthere

Postby emmaisnthere » 30 Jul 2015 22:59

I REALLY HATE THESE! I get these all of the time. I just posted about one a couple hours ago, too. I had dreams where I (I kid you not) dream about lucid dreaming. It's quite ridiculous and drives me insane! Best of luck to you, though, this is another step closer to a lucid dream...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
I tried my best... :P

emberfire012

Postby emberfire012 » 01 Aug 2015 21:55

That happens to me all the time. In my three years of lucid dreaming trial and error, I have never gotten enough clarity to do cool stuff, even though I have come close.
All my lucid dreams are always fuzzy and semi-lucid, yet sometimes I get a few seconds of that clarity, but before I can do anything, it fades. Usually, I lose my lucidity a few minutes after I become lucid. And yeah, it's really frustrating.
And your girlfriend disappearing in your arms doesn't mean anything. She probably disappeared because your clarity was fading, or your subconcious wanted you to focus on something else. I don't know for sure, but I hope this helped, and I wish you luck on your next lucid dreams! :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 03:32

I felt like I was fighting with myself to not lose lucidity and I had to scream "This is a dream" over and over before I finally felt like I was slightly lucid.

Well done. I think you did very well with staying with it and doing that. Some just find gaining clarity harder then others but if you keep working on this and gain more experience, in time it should become easier.

) What does it mean that my girlfriend disappeared right in my arms? Does it mean I'm afraid of losing her?

I think this happened just cause it was what your subconsciousness wanted to express and yes this could of easily been caused by if in real life you are afraid of loosing her.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”