Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
louisa

Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming?

Postby louisa » 15 Jul 2015 16:04

FILD, or finger induced lucid dreaming.

The idea (how I understand it) is that you wake up 4-7 hours after falling asleep, so that you're in a state where you will quickly fall back asleep into REM sleep. As you fall back asleep, you move your index and middle fingers for what feels like 30-ish seconds, and then you do a reality check and find you're in a dream. I tried it last night with no success, and I'm not sure what I did wrong because I've seen a lot of people say that it works for them every time. Has anyone had success with this method? Any tips on how to make it more effective?

GalMutzafy

Re: Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming?

Postby GalMutzafy » 03 Aug 2015 12:24

I am not an expert on this method, but you said 4-7 hours, which is right, but specifically 4 or 7 seems or not enough or too much of sleep, I recoomend you to sleep 6 hours and try it (most of the time I see people say on every method 'wake up after six hours' so I guess it's the case here too).

I'll try it too to see if it works.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”