Seeing weird things upon waking up

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Derek777

Seeing weird things upon waking up

Postby Derek777 » 17 Jul 2015 20:59

To start,

I usually don't dream when I sleep. I just close my eyes when I am very tired then after a few minutes I'm out. The next thing I know, I'm waking up the following morning getting ready for my day. I sometimes have nightmares which seldom happen but are creepy as hell or are very weird. I started having these crazy dreams after I stopped drinking for the second time. It has been over a year since I've stopped but I've been in this new place since 2013. I live in a townhouse with my wife and we do the usual stuff. You know, working hanging with so called friends, and going to church on and off. The first thing I believe I saw upon waking up, really freaked me out. I woke up and turned over facing the wall, where my wife has a medium sized mirror hanging. I swear to you I saw a figure looking out at me from the mirror with glowing eyes. It was wearing a tall hat. It eyes were so bright though that you couldn't really see the features on it's face. I was like WTF! I was still in and out from waking up, but I stared at it for a few to make sure I wasn't seeing sh*t! It basically kept staring at me. But, then it stepped out of my view so I couldn't see it any more. That really freaked me out. I began to think. I know I wasn't on drugs and I don't take any strong type medications. So, I dismissed it at that point. But, it got me weary about sleeping in my house alone though.
I'll say about a week or so again I had another experience. But, it was after I dozed off mid day and woke up to seeing what looked like to be a large spider on the ceiling in the corner of my bedroom. It was scary. It was looking at me twisting it legs. As usual, I was in and out and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As I was fully awaking, the figure started disappearing into the wall. Now I was thinking to myself, WTF is going on. Like I said, I don't do drugs. I don't even drink or smoke! I started to dismiss this again too. But, now I began to wonder if other people go through this too. I also put this to the side for now as maybe a mental thing. I haven't fully investigated this or decided if I need to see a doc or something. A couple of weeks past and I see another thing upon waking up. This time I awake and my wife left our bedroom door open and our bedroom is at the end of the hallway. The lights in the hallway are off and I see a figure that resembles a man standing close the the entrance of the door. I immediately freak out but as usual I know I am not fully awake. As i start getting there, the figure fades away into the dark hallway until I don't see it anymore. Crazy huh?!!? Freaked me the hell out! All of these things I'm seeing, I only told my wife about one incident cause she is kind of scary and I don't want to constantly freak her out.
The latest incident I had was today. I doze off and woke up to seeing a spinning ball of grass-like branches in mid-air hovering. Again, I'm like what the hell. I stare at it not fully awake but as I began wakening, it fad away into the shadows of my ceiling wall in the corner. Can anyone provide me insight on what is going on? I believe in God and Jesus Christ so I am not too worried about these occurrences. But, I still am creeped out a lil by it and wonder if other people are having similar experiences.

torakrubik

Re: Seeing weird things upon waking up

Postby torakrubik » 17 Jul 2015 22:54

You are probably going through a batch of false awakenings, so when you think you are waking up, you are actually still asleep, and then waking up for real seamlessly without noticing the transition. This is a disorientating experience! There isn't anything to worry about though.
Alternatively, you may be experiencing hypnopompia, which is hallucinations and disorientation during the transition from asleep to awakening. This is common and harmless, so my advice would be to remember that these experiences are safe and transform them into something happy!
Dreaming is my drug

Derek777

Postby Derek777 » 17 Jul 2015 23:02

Thanks for the info Torakrubik! I really appreciatie it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Jul 2015 08:50

I recommend article - "The Mystery Of Hypnagogia" - dreamstudies.org
by Ryan Hurd

Derek777

Postby Derek777 » 18 Jul 2015 09:49

Thank you Jasmine! I will check it out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Aug 2015 04:16

I usually don't dream when I sleep. I just close my eyes when I am very tired then after a few minutes I'm out.

Everyone dreams, its just a case that you are having trouble remembering your dreams.
Not remembering dreams, can be an issue too if you are trying to do LD from non WILD states as you may not remember your LD if you have one and don't wake up immediately from it.

I swear to you I saw a figure looking out at me from the mirror with glowing eyes. It was wearing a tall hat. It eyes were so bright though that you couldn't really see the features on it's face. I was like WTF! I was still in and out from waking up, but I stared at it for a few to make sure I wasn't seeing sh*t! It basically kept staring at me.

As the other has suggested, your experiences are most likely to be hypnagogia images (HI) .. just subconscious images which can happen between sleep and normal wake states.

There is though one well known thing which can appear which does seem to be possibly real as so many have seen him and had very similar experiences, he's called "the hat man" http://strangeaccounts.tumblr.com/post/12162208051/the-hat-man-there-are-very-few-objective

Thick, dense, negative energy can often psychically take on the form of spiders, this is far more likely to be seen if there is a negative presence in a house (or bad things have happened in the house in the past). So things like seeing spiders would go with that hat man if it was real and not HI.

Anyway, its probably just HI but if things take a turn for the worst, you may want to consider getting your house blessed by a priest (or burn energy clearing insences there).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”